ghosts - kirishima

tw: death and suicide

"No! No! No! Stay with me, please!"

"Please..."

The lifeless body of Y/N was heavy in Kirishimas arms. He sobbed, holding the boy close, although he was already dead. Heads were turned to the scene, pro hero red riot crying over other pro hero, his boyfriend, H/N. Kirishima denied it, he can't be dead, right?

It was all a blur, people calling the police, others comforting him. Through his tears, and all the noise, Kirishima had not realized that Y/N body had been pried from his arms. The next day, Y/N was announced dead.

Poison. Poison killed Y/N. Killed during that date. It was instantaneous. 

The funeral was a week later. Almost all of their friends from U.A came. Everyone was upset,  but Kirishima cried the most.  slowly, he went up to where Y/N lay. 

"I'm sorry...it should have been me." Ochako went to comfort him, but he shooed her off gently. Kirishima dug into his pocket and pulled out a ring. "I-I was going to propose to you at dinner. It was our anniversery, you know? Well, of course you did...you probably had something prepared or..." Kirishima trailed off, often choking on his words. "I love you..." he said placing the ring on Y/N finger.

~A week later~

Deku and Uraraka visited. Krishima was barely capable of doing his hero work anymore, let alone getting out of bed. The house was a wreck, take-out trash everywhere. Deku and Uraraka helped him clean up, but they knew it wouldn't heal his heart. They left after Kiri freaked out when Deku moved a picture of Y/N to clean.

~A month later~

I cried. The figure of Y/N stood before me. His body nearly transparent but there.

"You can't be real! You're dead!" I cried out, slamming my fist on the table, causing many items to fall.

"I may be dead, but I'm real, just not in the same way. I think I'm a ghost, but I'm not sure." Y/N giggled, pressing a finger to his lips.

"How are you here?" Kiri questioned, sadness evident in his voice, tears staining his face.

"How am I supposed to know? Maybe I'm like your guardian angel! Yeah, that sounds right!" Y/N bounced around the room.

"Tell me." Kiri said sternly, although his voice wavered.

"I really don't know. I think I'm meant to help you live on. Trust me, I don't want my boyfriend to be some shut-in, sad hero!" Y/N beamed, pressing his finger into Kiris nose.

"Fine."

~Yet another month later~

Kiri regained mental stability over time as Y/N ghost traveled alongside him. He managed to regain his title as a proper hero. Often people thought he was insane, since it seemed he was talking to thin air. Nobody believed him, but he was okay, but not for long.

"Hey, Kiri. I think it's my time to go now." Y/N said, waking Kiri up, a sad smile on his face.

"Wait! Y/N you can't leave yet!" Kiri cried out, confused.

"My job here is done. I love you."

"No! No! No! Stay with me, please!"

"Kiri, please. I'm not dying again."

"I love you, so much!" Kiri ran up to hug Y/N, though he couldn't properly, but Y/N was already disappearing. "Please.." Kiri whispered, but by then he was already gone.

Two days later Kiri was found dead in his apartment. It was concluded as suicide. Clutched tightly in his lifeless hands was simple crumpled up note saying: "We'll meet again in heaven."