Chapter 1

"This is my school..." I mutter to my father. He looks at me and huffs, "it is, do you like it?" He asks me with a little smile.

I wanted to say no, but come on, his smile warmed my heart.

"Yes, it's nice." I said looking back at the school and tilting my head up. It was enormous, It looked like a school a whole bunch of rich people made up.

It was beautiful, but so disgusting, it was school. Gross.

"Well, you will be seeing it more, since it is your new school." He said emphasizing the 'is'.

Thanks captain obvious.

I nod, "yeah. Nice." I spoke quietly.

He inhales loudly, "I know you're still bummed we had to move.. but come on, it's a fresh start!" He enthusiastically said trying to lighten the mood. I just nodded.

I genuinely appreciate my dad trying to warm me up, but it isn't working.

"Dad, I know.. it's just, I dont think I can ever forget what happened." I bit my lip to try and attempt it to stop trembling.

He places a hand on my hand, "you can always try.. just don't slip up and tell," he laced the words with a bit of venom.

I nodded, "of course." I looked down at my feet.

"Don't make me say it twice." He threatened.

I sighed and shut my eyes. "Okay.." I said quietly.

He smiles, satisfied with our conversation as he starts the car. "So, are you going or not?" He asked as if he was in a rush. I nodded and grabbed my backpack. I quickly get out of the car and walk inside the school.

I attempt to find the principals office but instead, I walk into someone.

I immediately stop and look up at the person I bumped into.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She said in a high pitched voice. "I'm sorry I wasn't looking." I immediately spoke up. She shakes her head, "are you okay?" She asked me, I nod, but she just gives me an 'are you sure?' face. I smile to reassure her everything's fine.

"I've never seen you, are you new?" She asked me, "yeah." I answered simply.

She tosses her blonde hair to the side, "hmm.. where are you going?" She asked me. "I'm looking for the principals, do you know where that is?" I question her.

She smiles and nods, she points at a direction to her right. I grin, "thank you."

She smiles brighter, "yeah of course! If you need anything I'm your girl! Oh, by the way, I'm Charlotte," she introduces herself.

"I'm Vanessa, but you can call me Nessa," I say as I fiddle with my fingers.

"I'll walk you to the principals!" She invites herself. I nod and start walking.

We made some talk, she was really nice, we talked about a lot of things, we even exchanged Snapchat usernames.

First friend made in this school, epic.

I was kind of awkward considering I never had a stable friendship. I was really happy I made a friend today though.

I walked into the principals office, introduced myself and got my schedule. Charlotte was there the whole time, so the principal assigned her to walk me to my classes.

"Ooh! We're both juniors!" She smiled. "Wait really?" I ask her, my lips curved up.

"I have you... second period, fifth, sixth and seventh, woah, that's a lot of classes," she said going over my schedule.