Chapter 2

"Guess who added me back on snap?" He smirked at the boy who was walking over.

He looked asian.

"Katie?" Samy guessed.

Dante nodded, "hell yeah!"

"Fuckin' hell.." I hear a british accent.

"Can y'all shutup? We're trying to do our work here, Cmon mate." A deep voice said from behind me.

"Oh, sorry Jacob." Samy says.

"So are you new?" Samy asks me with a bored look.

I nod, "yeah."

"Where you originally from?" He asks another question.

"Florida."

"Damn, the state of the baddies." He smirks. I just shrug.

He frowns, "well I see you're friends with Charlotte, how do you manage her? I tried talking to her but she walks away, she acts like she's the mom of the school and bitch of the school at the same time." He scoffs at the end, "the audacity." He mumbles.

I laugh, she isn't mean.. but okay.

"she's not bad at all, I accidentally bumped into her but she ended up showing me the way to my classes, she's nice." I smile.

"What? How did you not get torn to shreds? You are special." Dante points at me.

"She bowed to me like a gentleman she is," I chuckled.

"If I called her a gentleman I wouldn't be breathing." Samy sounded offended.

"Maybe you guys are just mean?" I shrugged.

"Pfft!" Dante here couldn't even slap a fly." Samy joked.

Dante stood up, "say you swear to god I can't slap a fly." He defended himself.

I got close to Dante and studied his face, "nah, if anything you look like you couldn't slap a fly." I told Samy.

He jumps back, "that is not true, I look like a fierce goddess."

"You know... goddesses are femal-"

"She called you a female!" Dante laughed until he was wheezing. I looked at Samy and he looked at me, we shared the same expression, confusion.

"First of all, I, Samy, am very masculine. Look at this flex." Samy quickly takes off his hoodie and flexes his muscles.

Me and Dante choked, "don't flex too much, you'll break it, You know how fragile twigs are." I said in a joking manner.

Samy put his hand to his chest acting as if he was hurt.

"I'm kidding, but for real, you got muscle not even gonna lie." I grinned.

"Nessa! What are you doing?" Charlotte ran up to me, "these boys are trouble-makers, know what's good for you." Charlotte hissed, more at the boys.

I smirked, amused.

"Oh?"

"You're just mad cause we're friends with your ex." Dante said bored.

"We didn't even date." She basically shouted.

"Oh right, you were a one night stand, my bad." He put his hands up, giving in.

"You're such a fucking bitch." Charlotte stares at them.

Uh oh, I've never seen this side of Charlotte.

"That's you." Another voice speaks up.

I look behind me.

Samy smiles, "Mar, your girl is giving us trouble, collect her." He informs Mariano.

Mariano wasn't so interested in her, he stared at me.

Was there something wrong?
Did I stain my shirt from breakfast?
Why is he looking at me like that?

"Who she?" He asked both of the boys.

"My new bestfriend." Dante slings his arm around me.

Charlotte gave a disgusted face. "Gross." She whispered under her breath.

"What was that Charlotte?" Samy growled.

She looked at him and plastered a fake smile on her face, "Oh nothing."

I looked at Dante who still had his arm around my shoulder. He looked at me, into my eyes.

Oh shit, suddenly I feel insecure.

"You're cute," Dante smiled. "So gross, lets go Nessa, we have better things to do than hang out with these... things.." she gave them all a look.

"Aw, I like being with Vanessa though." Samy sighed. Dante takes back his arm, instead he hugs me. "You're squeezing me da-" I could barely talk. It felt like he was squeezing my organs.

"Let go of her! You psychopath!" Charlotte hissed at Dante. He gives in and lets go.

"Jesus, you are strong," I gasp out of breath to him. Dante flexes his muscles, "oh god you're worse than me." Samy fake gags.

Mariano looked like he was judging all of us.

What's up with him? Why does he look so mad all the time, like Jesus, lighten up?

Did he just lose his family member? Why is he not ever smiling, omg why do I care? Haha I don't. I don't need any more negativity in my life!

Yeah Nessa, why would I even want a negative person? Don't answer that, cause I DONT.

I, Vanessa, do not associate myself around people who go looking around like gremlins everywhere. Amen.

Then I realized.

I was staring at Mariano the whole time I was talking to myself. I stopped breathing. He takes note of it, one of the sides of his lip pulls up into a smirk.

I mentally punch myself.

God dammit. why me?

"HELLO VANESSA?" Charlotte shouts in my ear, I immediately bring my hand up to my ear, "owww.." I mumble.

"Good, I thought you died." Charlotte puts her hands on her hips. "Let's go Nessa, lets leave these people and let them do their little dick sucking ritual." She rolls her eyes and grabs my arm.

I started going into a fit of giggles.

"No way, dick sucking ritual... oh my god I'm crying," I wipe the tear that fell. Charlotte grins, "you're so cute." Charlotte chuckles.

I get up and wave bye to the boys. Samy fake cries, "don't leave me, bestfriend," Dante called for me.

We just continue walking back to her desk.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, Charlotte looks at me and fake gags, "how can you stand those rats?" She asks me disgusted.

"They're nice?" I answer but it sounds more like a question. She huffs, "well they aren't. They're bad luck, trust me. Especially that one with the really curly black hair," Charlotte points out.

I look back, "which one? Samy or Mariano?"

"Mariano."

"Is it because you slept with him and he le-"

"Nessa."

"Sorry."