Chapter 8

"I didn't do shit, she was the one who came up to me!" I shouted at the principal. He shook his head, "its only your second day and you're getting in trouble already," he tsks.

"Wait, Dr.Romeris Samy has the video, that's proof enou-"

"Mr.Castano I understand your concerns but Vanessa and Charlotte were involved in a fight, they both must receive the consequences.  Charlotte you have a week of OSS, and Vanessa as for you, you have 3 days of OSS," he informed us.

I smirk, Three days only? Pfft.

"That is so unfair! She broke my nose!" Charlotte yells at the principal walking away.

"You...fucking bitch!" Charlotte charges at me but Mariano grabs her wrists before she can slap me.

"Uh oh? You stuck?" I tease her.

She huffs and walks away.

"Ladies, my office. Now." The principal hisses at us.

Mariano looks at me and Samy comes up to us.

"I'm sorry, I should've interrupted but it looked like you handled it well.." Samy apologizes.

I smile, "nah, it's whatever. The bitch had it coming," I shrug.

We hug eachother goodbye.

••

After the principal called both of our parents, my dad made an excuse not to pick me up and Charlotte's parents were on the way.

"So, Vanessa. What troubles you to get suspended the second day of school?" He asked me.

I shrug, "I don't really know, people getting on my bad side really, that's about it."

"Ah, I see," he intertwines his fingers together.

"Well, your dad can't pick you up so do you have any other way to get transported home?" He leans closer.

"Yeah, my car," I answered.

He nods, "well you'll be dismissed, have a nice 3 days, Vanessa." He waves me off.

I smile and open the door and let myself out.

I got out to see Mariano waiting for me.

"Mar," I smile.

He gives me a big grin. He hugs me, "I'm ditching, so you're driving me to your place," he shrugs.

I nod, "okay then, what about Samy?"

"Samy's in his class, I asked him if he wanted to come with us but he was talking to a girl."

A girl

A

Girl.

"My little boy is growing up?" I say wiping a fake tear from my face.

Mariano chuckles, "he is."

I sniff, "so beautiful, what class?"

He points at the direction, I walk towards it and open the door.

I see Samy laughing with the girl.

"When's the wedding Sam?" I call out to him.

He looks at me, "that's my cousin!" He says embarrassed.

"Sweet home Alabama!" I shout as I run out and walk back to Mariano.

He was laughing his lungs out. "Let's go, Maria," I grab my keys from my wallet and walk out the front doors.

••

We stayed at my house for a bit doing tiktoks.

Mariano told me I should make my own tiktok account but I don't fuck with tiktok like that.

But at the same time I want to remember the memories of me and the boys.

"Hey, Vanessa do you think I can crash here for the night?" Mariano asked me.

I shrugged, "I mean I don't see why not, you can come with me and Samy to hang out if you want, and then we can just come back here and sleep," I suggested.

He nodded.

"I got nothing better else to do, I gotta get Percy a haircut too," he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Oh, Percy? Is he hot?" I ask.

Mariano gives me a look, "Percy is my dog... unless you're interested in that type of stuff," he smirks.

I lean back, "Nevermind."

"I miss my phone," I whine. Mariano gives me his phone. I look at him confused. "Use it till your phone gets fixed," he smiles.

"You're crazy? Why would I use your phone? I mean what if you need it in case of an emergency?" I question him.

He rolls his eyes, "see these babies?" He pulls up his shirt and shows his muscles and quickly flexes.

"Then look at yours... who's really going to need it?" He teases me.

"Get out of my house," I stare at him.

"I was kidding!" Mariano chuckles.

I start fake crying.

He huffs and leans in.

I lean back, "get away."

He smirks.

"Mari-"

He then tickles me. I start laughing and crying till I couldn't no more.

"Stop!" I shout at him through my laughter.

He stops as he leans in.

Fuck fuck fuck.

He was only an inch away from my face when the door swings open.

"What the fuck..."