01

trigger warning: self-harm

Luke ripped out a piece of college-ruled paper from his notebook and retrieved a pen from the study room. He sighed heavily, wishing he had never made Michael upset. If he hadn't, his mum wouldn't be chastising them so stupidly.

Who writes letters anyways?

FLASHBACK

Luke deepened the kiss, his hands roaming up and down her body. She moaned softly against his lips. His bedroom door creaked open.

"Really, Lucas?" A voice spat. Both Luke and the girl's head snapped up. "What the hell?"

The two were not alone anymore, red-haired punk rocker Michael Clifford stood in his doorway, eyes puffy. "I'll talk to you later, Corinne." She scrambled out of his room, leaving the boys.

"What the fuck, man?"

"Why aren't you happy for me?" Luke stood up and straightened his clothes. His lips were swollen and his hair was messy. "That was the hottest girl in the school, Michael! You know how much I like her!"

"You've been paying so much attention to her!" Michael shouted, his voice cracking. "So much attention that you didn't even notice... that..."

"That what?" Luke responded, rolling his eyes. "You can never be happy for me, can you? I can't ever have a good moment because it's always about you."

"That's not it, Luke."

"Yeah it is! You know that! You just want everyone to pay attention to you! Forget it if I got a girlfriend, it only matters what you have! You're so fucking annoying sometimes." Luke spit at him. His eyes fell to Michael's wrist and immediately felt awful.

Fresh cuts.

"Mikey... I didn't mean it, I'm just angry... why did you have to cut?" Luke whimpered, trying to console his friend, but all Michael did was recoil.

"Don't touch me." Michael breathed. "I... just... I'm leaving. I can't stay here..."

"Please, let me help you... I just want to help you..." Luke whispered, but Michael shook his head vigorously and ran out.

-

A/N

HOLA FRIENDS

You don't know how excited I am to be writing another muke fanfic like more reasons for me to cry

A FEW THINGS:

HUGE HUGE HUGE credit to SimplyShianne and gayshippings for helping me with this fanfiction idea! They're both amazing authors so you need to go follow them and check out their stuff! The next 2 letters will be dedicated to them and their awesomeness :-)

ALSO if you've read long way home, please know that this story does not have ANY affiliations with that one! These are completely different fanfics so please don't get confused!

I LOVE YOU ALL

GOODNIGHT

Jorda(shton irwin)n

Please note that this story contains mature content including self-harm, death, violence, language, drug/alcohol use, and sexual content. There will be warnings at the beginning of every chapter if necessary. 

Edited July 2019