06 | LUKE

I stood in front of my mum. She straightened my blazer and pinched my cheeks. "Mum, quit it." I laughed, blushing.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry." She chuckled. "You just look so handsome. Our baby boy, Andrew! He's all grown-up, going on his first date." We walked over to the front door where my dad was waiting.

"I know, darling. And I'm so proud of him." My dad smiled, handing me the bouquet of crimson red roses I was going to surprise Michael with. He patted my back.

"Ashton is waiting for me." I told them, pecking my mum's cheek. "Love you."

I took one last glance behind my shoulder at my parents leaning against the door frame, waving to me. Ashton was parked in the driveway, his windows rolled down and his music significantly loud.

The ride to Michael's house was silent, except for the music. We didn't talk. I was too nervous to form words, my stomach was in knots. What if I screw everything up? What if he decides he's straight and wants to go home?

"Calm down, Luke." Ash reassured me, as if he was reading my thoughts. "We're here. Go up to the door."

I gathered all my nerves and got out of Ashton's car. I headed up to Michael's door and knocked, waiting patiently. Suddenly, it swung open and there he was... in his entirety.

"Wow." I said simply. "You look beautiful, Mikey." He was wearing a long-sleeve button up shirt and even his nice pair of Vans. His hair was nicely combed and parted. "I got these for you." I shoved the flowers in his hands.

A blush crept up his neck and onto his cheeks. It matched the roses and his lips and his hair. Calum popped up from behind him and took the flowers, "I'll put these in a vase for you."

"Thank you so much. They're beautiful flowers." Michael grinned, shuffling his feet.

Calum came back and left Michael's house. "Have fun!" He called, leaving with Ashton. "And use protection!"

The two of us laughed nervously. Michael closed and locked his front door behind him, placing his car keys in my hand. I was to drive because I knew what restaurant we were going to.

We arrived. It was packed, so packed we had to park in the additional lot they had recently built. Lucky for me, my mum helped me plan ahead and I had reservations. "Hemmings." I told the host and he nodded tightly.

"Follow me." I slipped my hand in Michael's and he tensed. I squeezed lightly and he relaxed almost immediately, holding my hand back. He marveled around at the beautiful decorations and breathtaking flowers.

"Your waiter will be with you in a minute." The host forced a smile and left. We slipped into our seats. There were little glasses of water already at our table.

"This is so fancy, Luke." Michael breathed, still gazing around. Our table was in a secluded area, a distance away from the main part of the restaurant. It was serene. "I don't deserve this."

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't. I did nothing to deserve this. You didn't have to do this for me."

"Michael Gordon Clifford, you deserve the world." I looked up at him as I spoke. "You deserve someone to give you the world. I want to be that person because I know no one ever has." I paused. "What are you going to order?"

He was speechless. "I don't really know what to say... thank you, I guess... I was going to order a small salad."

"No, you're not."

"Are you trying to make me fat?" Michael asked in a hushed tone.

"No, I'm trying to keep you healthy." I responded. He frowned and kept quiet. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be pressuring you. Go ahead and order whatever you'd like, Mikey."

The rest of the dinner was small talk. He ended up ordering a medium sized salad, but only ate what would be a small salad. It upsets me that someone as beautiful as him could think so lowly of himself.

If only he could see what I see.

"Are you ready to go to the movie?" I questioned as we left the restaurant.

"Yes." He mumbled, taking my hand and smiling broadly at me. "Thank you for the wonderful dinner."

Ten minutes later, we were at the movies. I didn't think Michael wanted anything to eat, and he didn't mention it, so we simply bought our tickets and found our seats in the theater.

"What is this movie even about?" He whispered in my ear as the previews rolled.

"Uh... if we're being honest, I have no clue." I shrugged. "I was kind of hoping we could do something else during the movie..."

Michael furrowed his eyebrows. A second or two passed. "Oh! You cheeky bastard!"

"I am cheeky, aren't I?"

"Just kiss me, you dork."

And I did.

-

A/N

I love this chapter :-)

I deleted the CA [character ask] because it did some funky thing and wasn't where I wanted it in the chapter order but I'll re-do it sometime soon!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, if you're going Black Friday shopping be safe please xx

Edited July 2019