09 | "FATE IS SHIT"

WARNING: this contains daddy kink, baby boy kink, & depressing stuff that might make you cry. read at your own risk!

LUKE'S POV

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that fate is shit.

Fate is an ideal, a flawless image of love, happiness, and success. But those three things cannot co-exist. You can't be loved and be in love while being happy and successful.

I was happy. I was in love, I was loved. I was excelling in school (for the most part). All of that was ripped at the seams within hours.

It was the night of Nathan Brenner's party. It was one fucking wild party.

FLASHBACK

Michael and I showed up forty-five minutes late. You should never show up to a party on time, he told me. So we waited until 9:30 to leave his house. I didn't understand why that was cool, I found it rude, but I didn't argue.

We entered the house. The aroma of sweaty, horny teens, alcohol, and drugs immediately overwhelmed me. Calum and Ashton were standing by the front door, beside the staircase. They both smiled brightly at us.

"Hey mates!" Ashton slurred. I could tell, they were both tipsy, but not yet pissed. Good.

"Hey Ash!" I smiled back. "Hi Calum!"

"Want a drink?" Michael whispered in my ear. I nodded. "I'm not going to get one, though. I have to drive home early, my dad doesn't want me out past 1am."

"What a drag." Calum sneered. "Disobey him, Mike. Stay."

Michael looked scared at the thought of disobeying his father. I would be too, his dad is kind of intimidating. But Mikey had no reason to be frightened – his dad would never hurt him.

"I wish I could stay, Cal..." He answered. "I'll go get a beer for you, babe."

I watched as Michael disappeared into the throng of people and into the kitchen. Calum and Ashton did the same, probably going somewhere to exchange saliva.

A petite blonde approached me. It's been a while, but I immediately recognized her. "Corinne." I said, poison on my tongue. She was the last person I wanted to see.

"Hey, Luke. Long time, no see." She winks and I simply nod. "What's up?"

"Oh... well, not much, I suppose."

"Are you here alone?"

I didn't have to answer the question. Michael returned with a beer in his hand. "Corinne! How nice to see you."

"Michael!" Corinne rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue sassily. "I would say the same, but it's never nice to see you. What's with your hair? Why is it bright red? You're such a weirdo."

"Oh shut up, bitch." I waved her off and pulled Michael away to the den. We leaned against the wall, his arms crossed over his chest and both my hands wrapped around my beer bottle.

"Look at her shoes! Red, sparkly heels. It's the wicked witch of the west!"

"Why is he wearing a Pink Floyd shirt? I bet he doesn't even know who they are!"

"Wait... since when is Lisa dating James? She's like, the geekiest kid in school... he's the quarterback!"

"Oh my gosh, he's wearing galaxy leggings. What the actual fuck?"

This bantering and snickering went on for while. It was enjoyable. Sure – it was mean, but we didn't tell it to their faces. Well... Michael told the wicked witch her shoes were a bit much, but besides that, we didn't say anything.

"Hey, wanna take this upstairs? And make out a little?" Michael smirked at me, intertwining our hands. I smirked back and he knew it was a yes. He led me upstairs to the open bedroom and pushed me on the bed, eyes full of hunger and lust.

"I'm the cheeky bastard tonight, understand?" He said huskily, kissing my neck.

"Yes... daddy." I could feel him gasp slightly against my neck, but continued. He sucked until he found my sweet spot, causing me to moan softly.

"Where is this going, Mikey?" I asked after minutes of him kissing various places like my cheeks, neck, collarbone, jawline, hands, and chest.

"You know what I'd like to do to you, baby boy." Michael raised an eyebrow at me. "But you've had two beers already and that's the most alcohol you've ever had. Fucking you senseless right now would be taking advantage of you, and I don't want to do that."

I pouted, but still understood. "Thank you for being such a caring boyfriend. I love you, very much."

"I love you too." He replied, standing up. "Let's go back down and find the other two lovers."

"Cashton?"

"Yep! Cashton."

We bounded down the stairs and found the raven-haired boy and his boyfriend by the staircase, again. We all gathered in a small circle, sharing jokes and stories. The air felt light and not just because I was drinking, but because things felt okay. I was with my 3 best mates, one being my boyfriend, and we were having fun. We were happy.

"It's already twelve thirty, shit." Michael muttered. "I gotta go. I had fun! We should see when the next party is." He turned to me and pecked my lips. "I love you, baby. I'll text you when I'm home."

"I'll take Luke home, Mikey. I stopped drinking a few hours ago." Ashton explained. I thought it was cute that he cared for me like that. "I'll probably be taking this one," he pointed to the stumbling Calum. "back to my place."

"To do what?" I giggled. "Blowjob party?"

"No, you twat, so his mum doesn't see him drunk as fuck." He paused. "And yes, partially because I want to give him a blowjob."

MICHAEL'S POV

I climbed in my car and buckled my seatbelt. It's been a long night. It's like a fifteen minute drive home, I thought while starting the car, I'll be home before 1.

I had to be home by one or else my dad would've hit me. He would've yelled at me and my mom wouldn't suspect a thing. It's normal.

There were three things in my life that made me constantly happy – people, actually – Luke (obviously), Calum, and Ashton. They were my best friends, my best mates. They cheer me up and bring out the best in me.

Headlights shone in my face. I couldn't figure out why, there's barely anyone on these roads this late. They kept getting closer and closer.

Shit.

I panicked. I couldn't figure out which side the headlights were on. Was that car coming at me or was it simply passing by?

Before I could swerve off to the side, it hit me.

Literally.

I couldn't see the lights anymore. It was all black.

END FLASHBACK

Do you see now? Do you see how you cannot be happy, be loved, be in love, and be successful? Do you see how everything can be picture-frame perfect and then it shatters?

Do you see now, how one person can be your lifeline but then their actual life-line snaps?

-

A/N

Wow.

Don't worry, there is more to come. Three more letters and an epilogue. x

Edited July 2019