Chapter 26 - I Am LadyBug

Mari was still asleep when Alya woke up the next day. 

Alya smiled sympathetically down at her closest and dearest friend before getting off the bed, grabbing the now empty plate and heading downstairs.

 After a brief explanation about how they needed to restock the cookie supply before the smaller girl woke up, and a promise to be back as soon as possible, she headed out, set trail on making her way to finding a certain blond with green eyes. 

She didn't have to search long, as she eventually saw him jumping towards the way she had just come. "HEY TOMCAT!" she shouted. 

Not at all surprised when he the pole landed right in front of her, followed shortly by the male half of the hero duo. 

"You. Me. Rooftops. NOW. We need to talk"

"Can it wait? I was kinda on my way to-"

"This concerns Mari Alley Cat" 

Chat looked spooked at that... how did she know? 

"So are we going up or did you want to discuss this in public, where anyone could hear it?" she folded her arms across her chest. 

Chat knew that face... that was the face of If-you-value-your-life-you'll-listen-to-me. He sighed "Fine. Hold on tight." Then he lifted them both up to the rooftop of one of the many abandoned buildings of Paris, before sitting her down and stepping back, unsure just what he was about to hear.

"JUST WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING, AGRESTE?!" okay... that was unexpected. 

Chat's eyes grew wide at the realization that... she knew who he was? Wait... why didn't she have her camera out? And WHY was she yelling at him NOW of all times?

"I-I-uh"

"DID IT EVER OCCUR TO YOU THAT YOU COULD POSSIBLY HURT HER?! THAT THIS SICK LITTLE JOKE OF YOURS COULD TEAR HER APART?! JUST WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! HUH?! YOU ALREADY REJECTED HER, YOU SAW HOW SCARY THAT WAS FOR EVERYONE... MARI. DOES. NOT. EVER. NEED TO BE THAT UPSET AGAIN... GOT IT?!"

"Uhh"

"THEN YOU GO AND PUT ON A LEATHER SUIT AND... WHAT?! THOUGHT YOU COULD JUST PLAY WITH HER HEART MORE? MAKE HER FALL IN LOVE WITH... 'THE RERAL YOU'?!" she mocked

"Huh?"

"WELL NEWS FLASH... SHE DID! HENCE, OUR SECOND WORRY SPOUT FOR HER... OR DON'T YOU REMEMBER EVEN CHLOE BEING NICE TO HER?!"

"No, I remember, but-" he didn't get to finish

"BUT NOTHING AGRESTE!" She took a deep breath to calm herself down "Look. I don't know all the details of everything that's happened between you two, since she hasn't even admitted to me that YOU'RE you. That whole 'secret identities' thing... but I can tell you that I figured the majority of it out... I know you're the one who woke her, since no one else would work, and you can't purify akumas without Ladybug... why do you think I was so admit about getting you back to the school in the first place? Huh? So when I saw Ladybug, I KNEW that you were there. I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure THAT part out. My question is... it was Mari...why did you do it? Did you already know? Was it some sort of test? And WHY the HECK did you avoid her afterwards?" she paused, waiting for an answer, so finally seeing an opening... 

he took it. "To be honest, I wasn't even sure if it would work. I-I mean... its Mari. I mean, sure... we'd been getting closer as friends for a while... mostly as Marinette and Chat, and, okay, yes... I HAD started to notice her in a... m-more than friendly way... around a month before FariyGodmother even happened. To be honest, I only intended to kiss her to ask her about Ladybug, but... the moment our lips touched, it was like... I felt complete. Like I had found my missing piece... and when she kissed me back... it was like Heaven on Earth. Honestly, I didn't want to stop, but... we had to breath eventually... right?"