Chapter 28 - "So Now You Know Me Better Than MYSELF?!"

Marinette groaned as she stretched her sleep away before rushing her hand to her head. 

She hissed in pain at the migraine that decided to make itself known. 

She groaned and moaned as she sat up, causing the covers to fall to her lap, and tried to open her eyes "T-Tikki?" she blinked away the sleep in her eyes as her focus came back into view, and that's when she noticed it.... 

The bed was too large... 

The walls were white... 

The only light seemed to be coming from the full moon which shone through the over-sized windows... 

she wasn't in her room. 

Instantly she began looking around the dark room, making out the outline of a duel monitor computer, a skating ramp, a gaming system, and... a figure... mumbling to himself as he paced back and forth, his eyes were on the ground as his hands waved around in his private discussion, before running through his hair in exasperation, and then using them as his expressions again. 

It was dark. 

And it was late. 

And honestly, Marinette couldn't, for the life of her, remember either what happened or why or HOW she'd gotten there. 

Suddenly the figure stopped in is tracks, spinning on his heels to face her eye to eye. 

His face was expressionless, and honestly, it made her feel a little worried that she couldn't tell what he was feeling at the moment. 

She swallowed "A-Adrien?" 

he clenched his teeth as his eyes and fists both squeezed shut tight "Why? Why didn't you tell me?"

"W-what?"

"Why didn't you tell me, the moment you realized who I was. You should have told me Marinette. You should have told me the Truth" his voice was barely above a whisper, but it still sounded like a shout to her heart "Why didn't you tell me you were Ladybug, Marinette?"

"I-I thought... didn't you know?" 

his eyes widened in shock at her question "What? No! Of course I didn't know. Do you really think I would have kept it from you if I knew that my girlfriend was also my partner?" 

she gasped as her hands slowly rose to cover her mouth... did he just call her... 

"Wait... did you really think that?" his eyes shone with hurt "Do you really trust me so little? How could you think I'd willingly do that? To YOU of all people"

"Ch-Chat... I-I mean Adrien... I-I mean... shoot" she chuckled sadly "I don't even know what to call you right now"

"...Adrien" he folded his arms across his chest

"A-Adrien, then" she glanced to her side as she rubbed her arms nervously "S-so if you didn't already know, then... how'd you know?" she whispered. She bit her bottom lip, afraid of his answer

"You told me" 

her head shot up, her eyes wide in question as she looked at the boy in front of her 

"the Akuma... you got hit. Tell-Tale Heart... he was just like in the book. He made it to where you began spilling your guts against me... in the middle of the battle at that. I was your first kiss? Your first love? Your first dance? When I first started to visit you... you stated all of it, out in the open. In front of the Akuma at that. And I STILL didn't catch on. You LITERALLY had to detransform in my ARMS for me to FINALLY put all the pieces together."