Chapter 29 - Forget About Love

Chloe had been pacing around back and forth for a while now... 

she couldn't believe this was happening... 

WHY was this happening again? 

Of ALL the people he could have turned to... why HER? 

I mean, he wasn't willing to help her with her particle physics, so why should SHE have to help HIM?! 

Chloe sighed... then again, he WAS a hero to Paris... and... her friend... even if he didn't realize she knew... and... she DID kinda accidentally get him grounded... oops... anyway... how had this happened again? 

All she had wanted to do was work on her tan-line on the rooftop pool deck, when, who did she find sitting in HER usual spot, holding his head in his hands, mumbling to himself, other than Chat Noir himself? Well... THAT was unexpected. 

Chloe scoffed "Chat Noir. What are you doing here?" 

Chat jumped at the sudden accusation, surprised to have been caught. He stared at her in shock.

She rolled her eyes as she folded her arms "Well?" she was starting to get irritated at his gaping and she let out another groan. "Are you just going to stand there gaping like a fish all day?"

"C-Chloe-"

"Geeze, look at you. You look like you just got dragged through the mud... figuratively speaking. And why are you on MY rooftop anyway? Did you just suddenly forget where she lives?"

"W-what? No. Chloe, you misundersta-"

"So judging based off of your solemn look, your depressed state, and the fact that you're on MY rooftop, I'm going to assume this has to do something with 'your Lady' right? What? Did you get in a fight or something?" 

that shut him up. 

BINGO. 

Chloe sighed, again, at her predicament... just what did he do this time? "UGH! Okay fine. Come with me. It's starting to chill down out here anyway." 

She started making her way back to the rooftop elevator before she turned around... to see him standing in the exact spot he jumped to when she first caught him, staring at her with an unreadable expressing on his face. 

Chloe huffed as she placed her fists on her sides "Well? Are you coming or not?"

---

"Okay, so... remind me again WHY you first thought of ME to come to with your little Lady problems?"

"But I didn't-"

"And YET you didn't just zoom off when you first saw me" Chloe looked back to see him hanging his head. 

She sighed "Okay, okay... look, I'm gonna be civilized here and TRY to help, but I swear, if word gets out, I will deny it up and down until Ladybug's Lucky Charms don't work, okay? I have a reputation to uphold after all" 

Chat lightly chuckled at that as she sat on the bed beside him... good, his sense of humor was still there 

"Now... let's take it from the top" 

Chat sighed "It's... a long story" he chanced a side glance up at her, only seeing a lifted eyebrow as if telling him to continue... 

he sighed "it... it wasn't supposed to happen this way, you know? The first time I fell for her... I didn't recognize it. The second time, I had admitted it to myself after seeing her give a grand speech. The third time, I was FINALLY her friend... as Chat anyway... she told me she liked someone else, and, I thought I liked someone else... later on I found out her crush was really me all along, but... the wrong side of me... she liked my civilian form, even though we barely ever spoke face to face. The fourth time... she was hit by an akuma... I... I couldn't find Ladybug, and... she was the only one left I could ask if they'd seen her, but... she was asleep"