Chapter 1

I woke up this morning and got dressed. I was so excited to go to school because i wanted to see chris. We have been together since freshman year and he's so funny and kind. I had a crush on him since middle school. He's very popular and plays football. I always go to his games to support him. Chris treats me so good and we always hang out with each other after school. We are both seniors and we look forward to being with each other for life. 

My mom hasnt met him yet and im a little nervous. My dad died when i was 11 years old from cancer. We have been through alot in the past. Ever since i met chris we have noticed that we have alot in common. We have a couple of classes together at school too. My mom and i are kind of poor, we dont have alot of money. We live in the hood and its really bad. I recently got a job as a waitress to take care of myself. I managed to help my mom pay rent and save for my own one day. I dream of becoming an nurse because i love to help other people. I want the best for myself because its already hard as an teen. Going to school and working is tiring. I have to work because i want to save to go to college. Growing up poor i never had what other kids had. 

Being with chris on the other hand is great because he doesn't judge me. He's so understanding and encouraging. Chris and his family is wealthy. They have a big house and he has a new car. He was born into living that lifestyle. His mother is a fashion designers and his dad is a business owner. Chris dreams of having his own business and becoming an accountant. Chris is very mature for his age. He always invites me over his house for parties and to watch movies. He has shown me the love and affection that nobody has.