Chapter 2

Chris invited me over his house to hang out so i decided to go. I had brought me a car since ive been working my part time job. I was working at a restaurant for a few days every week. He lived 20 minutes away in a nice neighborhood. We went to the same school Thats how we met.

I knocked on his door and he opened.

Chris- hey im happy you came over.

Me- thanks for inviting me

Chris- i ordered pizza and we can watch a movie too.

Me- okay that sounds fun.

We went in the living room and sat down. We looked on the tv to find a good movie to watch. The pizza was delivered and i paid half to help out. While eating and talking about random stuff his brother walked in.

Jake- hey chris is this your girlfriend?

Chris- yes you met her before.

Jake- oh yeah i remember she's so pretty.

Me-thanks, nice to see you again.

Jake- nice to see you too. Are you treating my brother right?

Me- of course he makes me happy

Chris- she's very kind and sweet

Jake- so do you plan to go to college?

Me- yes i plan on becoming a nurse. Its a good salary to provide and make a living.

Jake- that's great

Chris- yeah that's good babe, you would be a great nurse.

Me- thank you i love to help people.

Jake- thats good to know. Are you going to spend the night?

Me- im not sure if my mom would let me..

My phone ringed and it was my mother. She told me that someone got robbed and jumped near our apartment. She told me its not good to keep living here and we should find somewhere else to stay. She said its getting worse and i told her i was out with my friends. Once we talked i hung up.

Chris- whats wrong?

Me- well someone just got robbed near by and its getting worse where i live.

Jake- where do you live?

Me- i live in a bad neighborhood..

Chris- babe you can stay with me. I dont want you to get hurt.

Me- i dont know Chris. I dont want to be a burden on anyone. Im just going to working harder at my job so i can get my own place.

Jake- i think you should stay here tonight. I know if you leave chris will be worried about you.

Me- okay its up to you. Ill give you money to help pay the bills at least.

Jake- wow she's very mature.

Chris- you can sleep in my room.

Me- thank you so much.

Chris really seemed worried about me and cared about me. I could tell that he loved me and didnt want me to get hurt. I just prayed that everything goes right. I was getting sleepy so i took a shower and went to bed. Chris was downstairs watching tv.

I woke up the next morning and got dressed. I had to go to work today for 7 hours. I was heading downstairs when i overheard a conversation.

Someone- she cant stay here chris, she has to go.

Chris- why not, she could be in danger going back home. She has a job to help us.

Someone- it doesnt matter. Dont get caught up with that girl. You need to focus on your life.

Chris- i love her and she's mature enough.

Someone- you are still too young, you dont know what she could be doing behind your back.

I walked into the room and said.

Me- im going to leave chris. I dont want any problems.

Chris- im sorry please dont leave. I didnt mean for you to hear this.

Me- i dont want to be in the way.

I walked out the house and got in my car and drove to work. I did my job and went back home. I went in my room and locked the door. I just sat there thinking how can i find my own place. I asked my job to give me more hours throughout the week. I prayed and prayed all night long. Chris tried calling me but i didnt answer.