✰7. 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝?

« 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍: 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝

« 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍: 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝. 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚐𝚛𝚒𝚖. »

i spring up from the position that i am in, immediately regretting it as i clench my side and scrunch my face up in pain.

i frantically look around my surroundings, dazed and confused as tears well up in my eyes.

that's when i spot lathan sitting at the edge of the bed, his head in his hands. hearing me panic, he finally whips his head around and faces me. noticing the tears in my eyes, he gets up quickly and kneels at the side of the bed, cupping my face in his hands.

"you're awake. how you feeling?" he rushes out in an alarming tone. his eyes desperately search mine for any kind of response.

confused as fuck, i couldn't help but let the tears fall from my eyes and roll down my cheek as i run my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"naia it's okay." he said softly as he got up from kneeling and joined me on the bed, pulling me onto his lap.

i wiped the tears from my face while i laid my head against his chest, calming down to the gentle strokes that he was giving to my back.

i hadn't noticed that i was at home in my bed until now.

"i deadass got shot?" i asked in a weak voice. there was absolutely no damn way that my dumbass had gotten shot. i refused to believe that i was laughing and having a good time one minute then the next, i was running for my life. don't that shit only happen in movies?

he tensed up at my words which caused me to look up at him. he looked away and paused for a second as if hesitating.

"you were grazed, the bullet just missed you." he mumbled, barely audible. what are the fucking chances.

"all that adrenaline. you prolly ain't even know when it happened." he added. fuck, that's right. who knows when my slowass got shot. i ain't even feel pain at all until now.

i slightly lift up my dress and see a bandage wrapped around my outer thigh. i gently run my fingers over it before my hand is snatched away.

"don't do that shit. you gotta let it heal." he spoke as he held my hand away, pulling down my dress with his other free hand.