𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐲 𝐱 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

Requested by @Totally_Weird

Title: Weirdo

There it was. His voice, in my head. I knew who it was, kinda. It was my soulmate. As for his name and other things I didn't have a clue; but I wanted to know. I sat in school, overrun by sudden thoughts. Who was he? Did we know each other? What if he hated me? What if he had a girlfriend? I shook my head and got myself out of those thoughts.

As I sat on my couch that night, letting my soulmate's thoughts dull me to sleep, he suddenly said something that made me bolt up.

"Yeah. I live in New York, stupid. Come visit sometime. Okay, bye." I furrowed my eyebrows and slumped back down. Now I knew he lived in New York, but it was huge, he could be anywhere. Then, he started talking again.

"Hey, April. Yeah, I'm down. The downtown sewer opening at six? Okay. And don't make me carry you down again, please. You're heavy." the words stopped. Who was April? My eyes widened and I quickly made my way to my window, where I stared out at the buildings around me.

I lived about ten blocks away from downtown, and there were only about four manholes in that area. If I hurried and was able to check all the manholes...I could find my soulmate. I suddenly felt giddy and went to get dressed.

Ten minutes before six, I left my apartment and called a cab. I was sure to pay the driver a little extra as I would have him drive around the manhole covers until I saw people at one. Finally, around 6:10, I noticed people at one of the covers in an alleyway. I swiftly exited the cab and tip-toed to the entrance of the alleyway where two people were standing.

One was a pretty redhead with a slim body and freckles, and the other was a boy with long black hair that looked like he was missing a few front teeth. My soulmate. The two teens were whispering quietly and when I couldn't hear them I cursed myself for not being able to hear every thought and word that came out of his mouth.

Suddenly, the boy bent down and lifted the manhole lid. He gestured down and the girl, April I guessed, crossed her arms and tapped her foot. He visibly groaned and turned. She leaped onto his back and he slowly made his way down the small hole.

After waiting a minute or so, I quickly made my way over to the hole and dropped myself down into it. Looking around the sewers, I wondered why he would come down here of all places.

After wandering around for a while, I realized I was lost in the dark and dirty sewers. I wasn't stupid, so I knew there was probably mutants down here too.

"Hello?" I whispered, wrapping my arms around myself. Suddenly, there was a chuckle and I whipped around to see someone leaning against a wall behind me.

"Who are you?" I braved, taking a step backwards. The figure stood up straight and stalked over to me as I took another step back, trapping myself into a wall.

"Did you forget? I can hear your thoughts just as much as you can hear mine." the man said, trapping me in his arms as I facepalmed. Then, I stopped.

"Wait, are you my-"

"Soulmate. The name is Casey, Casey Jones." he confirmed as I chuckled sheepishly and shrugged.

"Can't have my soulmate dying in the sewers, can we?" he suddenly threw me onto his back as he easily found his way out of the sewers and back onto the streets.

After directing him to my apartment, he smoothly told me to "text him through my mind" and he would find me again.

Later, I laid up in bed and smiled, thinking about him; his cheeky smile, black hair, missing teeth, and freckles.

What a weirdo but, I think I already liked him.

++++++++

Aye, yeah. I got nothing.

Request!