𝟘𝟙- ✯𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤✯

On the clearest of nights, when the winds of the Etherium were calm and peaceful, the great merchant ships, with there cargoes of Arcturian solar crystals, felt safe and secure.

My 3 year old self laid next to Jim on his bed, looking at the big book in front of us in fascination, as the pictures moved. A smile grew on my face as the narrator continued.

Little did they suspect that they were pursued by..

Me and Jim looked at each other whispering the word together"Pirates" with the narrator saying the word at the same time as us. The two of us giggled as we both turned our heads, watching the books holographic pictures move and listened to the story.

And the most feared of all these pirates was the notorious Captain Nathaniel Flint.

I watched as the pirates attacked the ship in awe "Pirates are so cool!" Jim smiled at me"I know! With there awesome guns, I bet that they do whatever they want"

Like a Candarian zapwing overtaking it's prey...

I just rolled my eyes as a short laugh escaped my lips"Well duh! There pirates!" Jim laughed along with me and shook his head. He was about to say something when the door flung open revealing Jim's mom.

"Uh oh"

"Busted"

"James Pleiades Hawkins, and (Y/n) (M/n) (L/n)"

Jim was quick to close the book as I quickly dove under the covers pretending to be asleep. "I thought you were asleep an hour ago"

Jim crawled back beside my 'sleeping' form while saying"Mom, we were just getting to the best part." He dragged the book over as I rolled over so that I now faced Jim and his mom who stood beside the bed.

Jim looked over at me and I nodded to him while sitting up 'desperate times call for desperate measures' Jim gripped the book as I hugged him, both of us looking up at his mom"Please?"

"Oh! Can those eyes get any bigger?"

Me and Jim smiled up at his mom as she sat down on the other side of Jim on the bed. "Scootch over" I moved over a bit as Jim followed, giving her room to sit. Once settled in, Jim opened the book back up on his lap, as I leaned over his shoulder to watch the flying ships move.

....Like a Candarian zapwing over taking its prey, Flint and his band of renegades swooped in out of nowhere. And then gathering up there spoils, vanished without a trace.

"Ooo" the three of us said at the same time, as Jim turned the page.

Flint's secret trove was never found, but stories have persisted that it remains hidden somewhere at the farthest reaches of the galaxy, stowed with riches beyond imagination, the loot of a thousand worlds,

Me and Jim both finished the sentence with the narrator"Treasure Planet" we turned to each other a smile on our faces as we laughed. Jim's mom shut the book "okay, blow your nose" She held a rag up to Jim's nose as he blew.

"How do you think Captain Flint did it, mom?"

"Yeah, how'd he do it?"

Jim climbed on top of the of the headboard as his mom put the book down on the nightstand and the rag away in her pocket. I watched Jim and scooted back out of the way"how'd he swoop in out of nowhere" he jumped off the headboard as I scooted back more to not have him land on me, only for me to fall off the bed"and vanish without a trace"

Thump

"Ouch"

I quickly climbed up onto the bed, Jim grabbed my arms dragging me under the blanket with him, causing him to laugh at my shocked reaction. "I have no idea" suddenly hands grabbed the two of us "come here you two.." the both of us laughed as she grabbed us, she lifted up our shirts, I widened my eyes as I quickly escaped her wrath hiding under the pillow. "I'm gonna get..." suddenly the sound of raspberry's and Jim's laughter filled the room.

It then went quiet as I poked my head out from behind the pillow, I felt a pair of hands grab me causing me to scream and laugh as Jim's mom lifted up my shirt and started giving me raspberries. She soon stopped and tucked me into bed followed by Jim"Okay now it's time for these two spacers to go to sleep"

"You think somebody will ever find treasure planet?"

I jumped in"Ya, me, when I grow up I'm gonna be the first to ever find it! And when I do, I'll be the best pirate ever! And I can finally help my mommy, so she can get better" I smiled up towards Jim's mom, as she sent a warm smile back at me.

"No you can't, there can't be a girl captain, everyone knows that the toughest, meanest, Pirates, are all boys!"

"Nuh uh"

"Yah huh"

"Nuh uh"

"Yah huh"

"Okay, you two"

Our heads shot over towards Jim's mom, glares plastered on our faces"you know what I think?" She asked as she grabbed Jim's toy pirate monster "what?" Me and Jim asked, a smile now gracing both our lips. She laughed at our reaction "I think it's more..." His mom looked at Jim's toy waving it a bit, then looked back at us"like a legend"

She places the toy on the nightstand "we know it's real" I stated, Jim backed me up"Yeah mom, it's real" she smiled at the two of us"you two win, it's real" she whispered the last part giving me and Jim a big hug.

"Nighty, Night Mrs.Hawkins"

"Nighty, night mom"

"Nighty, night you two"

With that she got up and walked over to the door, I snuggled up against the pillow and turned towards the wall.

"Love you James"

(lmao guys this is what his mom said to him, it's literally in the movie, I've decided to finally clear this up now, so sorry to literally everyone who thought you were saying this to him😭😭)

"Love you too"

With that she shut the door, as me and Jim were engulfed in darkness. I heard a bunch of rustling, and sat up, only to be met with a bright light coming from under the sheets, along with a shadow and a voice.

There are nights when the winds of the Etherium

I smiled and quickly dove under the sheets next to Jim hearing a whispered"Cool" come from him.

So inviting in their promise of flight and freedom, made one's spirit soar!