𝟘𝟡- ✯𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕤✯

"Well done Mr.Arrow, sir! A tight ship's a happy ship, sir"

Silver yelled as everyone went back to there posts, he then turned to me and Jim"You two, I gave you a job" as he picked up our mops, Jim cut him off "Hey, we were doing it until that bug thing..." Silver cut Jim off"Belay that! Now, I want this deck swabbed spotless" he gave us our mops as he continued"And heaven help you if I come back and it's not done." He pointed to the sky, then back at us. "Morph?"

Morph floated over to Silver"Keep and eye on these pups, and let me know if there be anymore distractions." He eyed the two of us as he walked away, morph responded with"Okay. Aye-aye."

Morph's eyes got bigger and he started watching us as we mopped. After a few minutes I started a conversation"Hey, Uh, Jim?" He put his mop in the bucket, taking it back out and continued to mop. "Yeah?" I sighed a bit as I stopped mopping and turned towards him"Well, you were mad back there, I just want to know why"

"What do you mean? I was mad a lot of times, gonna have to be specific"

I rolled my eyes as Jim continued to mop, I leaned on my mop a bit."Oh come on Jim! When Scroop dropped me, you had this stern look on your face like you were mad!" He froze and stopped mopping, Morph turned into a mini version of me and sat on Jim's shoulder.

Jim shook his head swatting the miniature version of me away, as Morph turned into the pink blob that he is. "Jim, just, tell me" I sighed and put the mop in the bucket, rubbing the back of his neck he said"Look, I was just worried, alright? I made a promise to your mom that I'd look out for you. Yet there you were about to get killed." He ran a hand through his hair"Plus I..." he sighed and shook his head"Nevermind, but you worried me. Don't pick fights with people that are twice your size"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed"Says you" He raised a brow"Whats that supposed to mean?" I shook my head and walked up to him"Jim, you constantly pick fights with people." He narrowed his eyes at me"Ya well at least I know when to stand down, you have this big ego of never backing down, and one of these days it's gonna lead you to your death! And damn it, I'm not gonna just sit around and watch you do it!"

He was breathing heavily as we both glared at one another, I scoffed and grabbed my mop and bucket"Where are you going?" I whipped my head back around to him"I'm going to mop on the other side of the ship, away from you!" He widened his eyes for a minute but quickly recovered as I turned around and continued to walk"Oh-Oh Yeah? Well, fine! Go! I don't want your help anyway!"

An hour later, I ended up finishing up my side of the ship, so I decided to help Jim with his.

'I was pretty stupid. All he was trying to do was protect me and I blew it in his face. Maybe I should be more careful.'

Once I got there I noticed him mopping with a frown on his face. I held a sympathetic look as I knocked on the railing, he whipped his head over, but quickly glared at me and turned back around to continue mopping. I sighed and looked out at the stars as I leaned over the railing"You know.." I started and waited for him to tell me to go away. But he didn't so I continued

"My mom used to tell me how pirates would use the stars and constellations so that they'd always find there way, wether it be to treasure, or just back home." I gazed out into the cosmos, watching the stars as they flew by. 

I heard the floorboards creek behind me, signaling that Jim was walking over. I smiled and pointed at a scorpion like constellation "Look, there's Scorpius, it's like a scorpion." I started to outline it with my fingers as I connected each star in my head. "There's it's tail, and it's body is just a couple of lines"

I spotted another constellation"Oh! That's Orion" I pointed to it and started outlining it with my finger. "It's supposed to be this guy, holding a club in one hand, and a lion in the other. Ya know, he was actually a Greek mythology dude, he would hunt with Artemis, on the island of Crete. But he was either killed by her bow or by the sting of the great scorpion."

I paused but then continued"Oh, the great scorpion is the scorpion constellation I pointed out. Out of all the constellations, Orion is my favorite." I stood there smiling up at the constellation.

"You sure know a lot about constellations"

I looked over to the left of me a bit, only to see Jim's form leaning over the rail, looking out at the stars. I shrugged"my mom used to talk about them a lot, plus, I don't know, they just interest me in a way. It's like a way to get away from the reality that I live in." He smiled down at me I looked over to him"What?"

He shrugged and looked back at the stars"Nothing, it's just, you never really talk about stars, or your mom" I smiled up at him and grabbed his hand, causing him to look over at me"I was gonna have to talk about her to someone eventually, and since I did, I'm glad it was you"

A smile formed on his lips as he brought his free hand up to my face, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "You know, I actually have something to talk to you about..." he paused and let go of my hand. Taking his hands away he looked out into the stars, and leaned over the railing, as I listened to every word he said"(Y/n), I.."

The sound of footsteps could be heard along with whistling, we looked at each other and quickly grabbed our mops and started mopping the floor.

Morph ended up flying around the two of us in a heart shape, as I blushed and Jim waved him off, Morph turned back into himself and laughed.

"Well"

Me and Jim looked towards the steps, only to see Silver with a pot full of trash, walking up the steps"Thank heavens for little miricales" Morph flew around him as silver walked towards the railing, dumping stuff off the ship. "Up here for an hour and the deck's still in one piece."

I glared at him while gripping my mop harshly. Jim gave me a look as if to say thank you to him, I scoffed and shook my head going back to mopping. He sighed"Um..Look, I, Uh...what you did back there for her..." he gestured towards me, I glared at Silver and turned my back towards them as I mopped. "What she wants to say, is thanks."

"Didn't her pop ever teach her to pick her fights a bit more carefully?"

The grip on my mop tightened, I didn't bother to turn around as I felt someone's stare on me. I hated talking about my dad, in fact I never talk about him, the only person I talk to about him is Sarah.

"She uh...she doesn't talk about her dad, so, I wouldn't know."

"Oh, well what about yours Jimbo?"

I turned around and glared at Silver as I walk towards him"You have no right to dig into our personal life! Whatever our parents are like are between me and Jim!"

Silver nodded his head, a smirk on his face as I stood in front of Jim protectively. "Ah, I see... you my dear have trust issues." I widened my eyes and shook my head denying the truth"I do not!" I looked back at Jim only to see him nodding his head. I rolled my eyes as Jim said"She does"

I shook my head and crossed my arms"I do not!" Silver thought for a minute then pointed a finger at me"Okay, (N/n), if you don't, name three friends other than Jimbo and I'll take your word for it"

I laughed"That's easy, there's..." I thought for a minute 'Jim's mom doesn't count cause...well it's Jim's mom. I can't say Amber cause Jim obviously knows that's a lie' I continued"Well, obviously, there's..." I cut myself off again 'damn it (Y/n), think! There's gotta be someone!' "What about..."

'Maybe there right... I do have trust issues...'

I ran a hand through my hair"Oh my god. Your right.."