iv

The last thing Octavia Blake had expected was to wake up to Olivia Kane's arms wrapped tightly around her neck, clinging desperately to her torso as if they'd been separated for years, and not mere weeks. Bellamy was confused as he watched the two girls interact, having to fight off a smile at the radiant glow illuminated Octavia's tired face. His sisters was genuinely happy, happier then she had been in a while.

On the way back to camp, Olivia had remained silent like promised. She felt bad for bombarding Bellamy with so many words so quickly, especially when he knew nothing about her or the goodness her being seeped. Earth's grass could turn green beneath Olivia's foot if she stood still for long enough, her intentions pure and rejuvenating as she tried to lighten the load on others shoulders.

Octavia was at a lost for words, mouth opening and closing as she desperately attempted to find a coherent sentence to express her contentment with Olivia being so close. For the first time in weeks, the two girls weren't separated by thick gray doors or thought to be uninhabitable planets. They were together, physically bonded by warm clinging flesh.

"I missed you!" Was all Octavia managed to spit before she was rendered speechless again, nuzzling her face into Olivia's neck and inhaling the warm sent of vanilla and lavender. The girl had an obsession with homemade remedy sprays, her favorite one including vanilla extract that soothed some of the worst headaches and hangovers. "God, Olivia! How are you even here?"

Olivia pulled away from the hug, anxiously fiddling with her hands as she thought back to the process of fixing up the pod. Her hands were still blistered from grinding metal against metal day in and day out, trying desperately to meet Raven's venomous standards.

"It's a long story, Avia. One that involves more blood and tears then I'm comfortable admitting." Olivia admitted shamefully, earning a soft chuckle from the youngest Blake, her older brother still intimidatingly standing off to the side. He was respectfully giving them space, Olivia couldn't deny that, but his buff shoulders and hardened glare wasn't settling in the pit of her stomach as she anxiously look up at him.

Octavia caught sight of Olivia's worried expression, her lips curling downwards as she glanced over to towards Bellamy, seeing him fully dedicated to his overprotective brother mode. Octavia rolled her eyes, grabbing Olivia's hand and spinning the both of them towards Bellamy with ease.

"You can relax, Bell." She insisted, keeping her hand intertwined with Olivia's, though she did reach out to playfully push against Bellamy's chest. "Olivia's about as harmless as a baby."

The Kane pouted deeply at Octavia's comparison, nudging the Blake girl with her shoulder as if insisting she take her words back. Octavia however just took her childish response as proof, looking towards Bellamy with a deep, penetrating stare that had Olivia shuddering in her place.

"Octavia, I appreciate it, but it's fine, promise." She exclaimed, trying her hardest to mask the hurt currently circulating through her chest. She hadn't done anything to the Blake boy, yet he was persistent in his hatred towards her. "I really don't feel well, show me where I won't get in the way?" Olivia questioned, letting her hand fall from Octavia's to instead wrap around her midsection in discomfort.

Before Octavia could nod her head and lead Olivia away, the girl dropped to the ground faster then either Blake could react. Her head hit the mud harshly, the cut against her forehead reopening upon the brutal force. Bellamy reacted quickly, bending down to pick up the unconscious girl and bring her to the drop ship.

Guilt was beginning to consume him as he analyzed the porcelain features Olivia wore. It was clear by the way her face contorted into innocence that despite her exuberance and exaggerated drive, she was young. The soft skin surrounding her lips and her eyes was tight, only probing that fact. As Bellamy analyzed her he tried his hardest to avoid any emotional attachment. Her cheeks were flush, coated pink due to her spiking blood pressure and unattended to concussion. Her nose was painted with light freckles, ones he hadn't noticed before whilst under the greenery of trees back at the river.