1. INTRODUCTION, PT. 1: THE WINTERS

E.J.

My name is Ethan Winters, but my friends and family call me E.J..

Me & my family live in Dallas, Texas.

My father is Rev. Theodore Winters who pastors at Hillside Baptist Church. Me & Dad don't see eye to eye for real. We get along every blue moon. He thinks he knows it all, but don't know shit. My worse fear is that he finds out that I'm gay. When that day comes, all hell is gonna break loose in the Winters household. Dad hates anything gay (Everyone knows I'm gay but Dad). He's nothing more that a asshole. Dad use to be loving, kind, and warm hearted, but now he's got so much religion in him he's willing to let the devil kiss him in the mouth.

My Mom Diana Winters works as an administrative assistant at the law firm of Gold & Taylor. She's the light of my life. She's always been loving, kind, generous, and a all around good person. She's always going out of her way to help others in need. I don't know what she sees in Dad. They're the total opposite of each other.

My brother Ryan is my right hand. We tell each other everything. There are no secrets between us. He and Dad DO NOT GET ALONG AT ALL. Ryan can't stand the ground Dad walks on. Ryan & Dad use to be close, but after Dad became a preacher, he changed and so did Ryan's perception of Dad. They argue all the time. Mom or Kelly intervene. Me, I sit back and watch the show. Ryan tells Dad what others won't tell him. Dad doesn't like it when Ryan's girlfriend Bianca comes around. Dad's always talking about them fucking without being married. Ryan might be the one to off Dad.

My baby sister Kelly is just like Mom...Sweet, generous, loving, and kind and will help anyone. Her & her best friend Peyton stays at the mall maxing Dad's credit cards out and he don't say shit. Dad will do anything Kelly asks of him. Kelly is usually the referee when either me or Dad or Ryan or Dad get into it. He's never even whooped her. I love my sister. She's a prime example of goodness is supposed to be. She's also very nosey.

You'll meet my other family members and friends later. They're a crazy, wild bunch.

We just came from doing some last minute school shopping. School starts tomorrow at James Madison High.

We wear uniforms so we got 5 pairs of shoes each, 8 pairs of pants, 8 black and gold shirts (our school colors), socks, hygiene products, underwear, and more school supplies.

Mom also went to the grocery store to get some stuff to cook for dinner.

Now we're just waiting for the spaghetti, breadsticks, and salad to get done.

Me, Kelly, and Ryan were all sitting in the living room watching The Walking Dead.

Mama walked into the living room.

DIANA: DINNER WILL DONE SHORTLY. KELLY, WILL YOU COME HELP ME SET THE TABLE?

KELLY: YES MA'AM.

DIANA: AND E.J., DON'T FORGET IT'S YOUR NIGHT TO WASH DISHES.

EJ.: YES MA'AM.

Mama & Kelly went into the kitchen.

The front door opened.