2. INTRODUCTION, PT. 2: THE SANCHEZ'S/LOPEZ'S

AJ

My name is Antonio Jacques Sanchez.

I'm 17 years old and tomorrow school starts.

Let's just say I'm not looking forward to it.

I  FUCKING HATE SCHOOL.

I fucking flunked the 11th grade and now I have to repeat it over.

I don't feel too bad though.

My best friend Armondo, who's like a brother to me, flunked as well.

According to Principal Washington, me & Armondo both flunked due to us missing too many days of school, being suspended 3 times, and our grades were horrendous.

We both got all F's on our final report card.

I'm far from dumb.

I'm actually smart in English, Science, and Reading.

I just hate Math.

It's too fucking hard.

To be honest, I just don't give a fuck about school all together.

All these years I did enough to get by so I'd pass, but last year I wasn't feeling school.

All I wanna do is smoke weed, drink beer, and fuck girls.

That's what I call living, but my parents aren't having it.

My parents sent me to live with Grandma when I was 15 due to me getting into trouble and disobeying all their rules and plus me and my homie Lionel beat some dork up for talking shit.

The cops got involved and they told my parents that I had two options: boot camp or leave Arizona and my folks said boot camp. I called Grandma and told her that my parents were gonna send me to boot camp and she said, "Not if I have something to say about it". She called my parents and she ripped them apart. After they got off the phone with Grandma, they told me to pack my shit. I'm moving to Texas. That was music to my ears.

I was born in Texas, but moved to Phoenix, AZ when I was 10 because my mom got a position at St. John's Children's Hospital. My pops found a job at a veterinarian's place. Now he own his own practice.

I hate my little brother Angel didn't move here with me.

That dude is my EVERYTHING.

When Mami was pregnant, I would rub her belly and call him my little angel. When Mom gave birth, she nor Papi didn't have a name picked​ out and I took one look at him and said, "Angel" and Mami went with it. His middle name, which is Miguel, came from Papi's cousin who died when he was 19.

Me & Angel talk daily.

Mami & Papi think I'm a bad influence on Angel, but Angel has his own mind.

He smokes, fucks girls, and drinks beer all on his own.

I don't know who he's getting to buy the alcohol for him, but he's his own person and he can do whatever the fuck he wants.