Madness - Alycia

Fear? that's a big word, that would describe what i'm terrified of. Honestly after many tries. Love.

Yes. I am terrified of love. I have lived the past three years terrified of going forward with someone, why? past bad experiences, cheating, lying, love that honestly doesn't consume me, doesn't make me feel rhe madness on it. It's hard to find someone who you would die for, when i thought i did, my heart died in the shot. I shouldn't have fallen for that, but i did.

Recently moved to North Carolina, maybe here's my happy place, never gonna know until i start living. It's been hard to me, i have been moving a lot, from NYC, to LA, to Texas, to Florida, to North Carolina, last destination, i hope so.

I walked out of the airport, made my way to the little apartment i rent. The old lady smiled at me creepily. I can deal with it, it's not that bad.

I sighed and placed the boxes in the little apartment, my suitcases in the kitchen, waiting for me to move them to my room. The living room looked so comfy, with a little couch in the middle and a red carpet under it, I have plenty space to adjust the things i could carry with me. I think it starts feeling like home.

My phone on my pocket started buzzing, I quickly left the box i grabbed in the floor and picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hiiiiiii!!!!! HOW IS EVERYTHING GOING?" I heard on the line. My best friend Marny.

"Marny, i just got here, i'm still unpacking, but as soon as i have news, i'll share" I smiled.

"Alycia you're so boring, i thought you already got in someone's pants" I rolled my eyes.

"Not anymore, trying something called self love, heard of it?"

"Plenty times, have it already, come on!!! go and have fun, you deserve" She said, i can feel her smiling through the phone.

"I will, for now i really have to finish unpacking, this apartment it's a disaster" I said chuckling, she laughed.

"Fine! tell me details! bye leesh" She said and i hung the call.

I heard the door bell ringing, who can it be? i know nobody... I shook my head and walked to the door. A skinny girl was in front of my door with a brownie, her hair in her shoulders, her pink lips smiling to me.

"Hello neighbor!" She said.

"Uh... hi?" I said.

"You just got here! I wanted to give you a welcome, i hope you would like in here, we are good people specially my best friend who lives in the 7th" She said.

"Oh okay, um what's your name then?"

"Oh sorry! I'm Eli, you know Eel-i" She said. I chuckled.

"Nice to meet you Eli, i'm Alycia" She smiled and turned around.

"Y/N!!!!! she's gorgeous!" She yelled, i'm pretty sure the whole building heard i'm gorgeous.

The door with the 7 number opened. A girl appearing as the door opens. I could see she was a bit annoyed, she tried to smile and walked to my door, the 6th.

"Sorry, bad day. I'm Y/N and i'm not here because she just yelled to the whole building you're gorgeous. She really wanted me to say hi, so here i am, i just didn't want an old lady though" I chuckled.

"It's okay Y/N, i'm Alycia" I smiled and offered my hand, she looked down and shyly shook it, smiling a bit.

"Nice to meet you Alycia" She said and i felt a weird sensation, my name on her lips was like music to my ears.