ii. you partied too hard

CHAPTER TWO !
( II. you partied too hard )

My phone had pinged with a text message

It was from my aunt Lisa in Petersburg. The message read:

Dearest Jupiter,
I wanted to have you come over here this summer do we can have some girl bonding time. I have missed you oh so dearly. To my dismay, when I mentioned this to your father, he said you could go. Something about you having to much homework and that you're going to a summer camp? I didn't know that you went to summer camps? Maybe I would have known if we hung out more. Anyway, away from the sadness, I hope that you're able to make it up here next year. I love you so much, Jupiter! See you soon.

Aunt Lisa xo

Aunt Lisa has always been old fashion when it comes to writing. Even if they are just text messages.

I can't believe my dad said I had to go to summer camp. Am I supposed to be unaware of this?

I put my car in drive and start my adventure. Like hell am I staying here with that annoying shit I call my dad.

I only just left my housing development a few minutes ago. I decided to take a short cut to the main road because it takes way to long to get there the regular way.

The short cut is still a paved road but it's isn't exactly busy. The road is only wide enough for one car to pass through. God forbid another car comes from the opposite direction, I'm in deep shit.

I continued to drive down the empty road. It was long, empty, straight, and very much quiet. There was no sound for a mile and no movement besides the light sway of the tall, green trees high above me.

A polaroid on the edge of the dash caught my eye.

I remember this like it was yesterday

I remember this like it was yesterday. The girl with the pinkish-purplish hair? That's me almost 2 years ago. I went through a faze, don't judge me. It looked cute.

The girl next to me? Mercury, my older sister. She would be turning 21 soon. She would be able to legally drink. She could have waited.

**FLASHBACK**

It was the night of my 15th birthday party.

Music blared through the big black speakers that my friend, Adam, had brought with him. The whole room was dark. The only light coming from a few disco balls and cellphone flashlights. My heart was beating in the rhythm of the music. It was so loud I could feel the hard beat going through my entire body.

I walked threw the large crowd in attempt to find my sister, Neptune.

"Great party!"
"Happy Birthday, J!"
"This party's awesome!"
"Happy 15th, Jupiter!"

We're a few of the things that were shouted at me as I pushed past my guests. I would just nod slightly or mouth a simple 'thanks' when the said something. After maneuvering through a few more people, I had reached the kitchen. The kitchen had a few small little groups doing there own things but it wasn't crowded like the living area. Who the hell invited half of these people. I only saw 3 people that I actually know walk through my front door.

I grabbed a plastic white cup from the drink table and poured some punch into it. Yes, the punch is most likely spiked but I could care less. At this point, I deserve a little birthday drink. My red lipstick, stamped on the side we're my mouth had previously been. I set it down at the table and went to look in our backyard.

"Hey, have you seen, Neptune?" I asked a few people most said no. A girl later, I found Neptune. She was currently in our parents rose garden, puking her guts out.

"Oh my god!" I mumbled upset. I walked over to her as fast as I could. Which wasn't very fast considering I was in the grass.

"Seriously?! Mom's rose garden? She's gonna be pissed!" I yell at her.

"Chill the fuck out, Jupiter! Live a little!" she replied as I roll my eyes.

"Did you try the punch? It's smacks, huh?" she smirks.

"No! It wa- No! This party is over!" I tell her.

Right as I finished my sentence a boy comes out from the house and yells into the backyard, where we were:

"The cops are here! Scram!" He yells. With that one sentence, all hell broke loose. People fled the property as fast as they could. Including my sister.

"Come on! Let's go!" Neptune yells at me, grabbing my arm and pulling me out from the backyard.

We ran across the yard and were heading towards her car. The police were trying to detain as many people as possible. I still don't understand why the police are here? Maybe there was a noise complaint. But they wouldn't detain people for a noise complaint right?

I heard gun shots and soon the grip my sister previously had on my arm loosened.

I turned to look at her, it couldn't have been true.
Three bullet holes were in her chest as she laid on the concrete sidewalk, bleeding out. I shook my head in disbelief. Her lifeless eyes staring hard into the starry sky, while mine swelled with salty tears. I fell onto my knees and allowed my tears to fall freely. I touched her chest where the bullets entered. Her crimson colored blood covered my hands and clothes as I held her close to me.

"No, Tune," I cry, only to be pulled away by a few cops. The held me back and away from Neptune. I tried to kick free but I was a crying mess and as hard as I tried I wasn't able to do so.

"Neptune!!" I yelled at her still and cold body.

Then everything went black.

•••