Christmas

Christmas.

It sucks.

Especially when your partner isn't there with you for it.It was Christmas Eve today.This time around for me was tough because my homophobic family kicked me out of the house and I now spend Christmas it with my girlfriend.I am have no family to celebrate it with but she's all that I need.

But she's been gone all day since early in the morning.She only left a note on the nightstand saying she had an "emergency" and that she'll be back very soon.But it is now late at night and the moonlight was shining on the snow.

I have been waiting all day for a text or call saying that she's on her way back but nothing came.

I was watching the sponge bob Christmas movie because I'm classy when I heard a knock (BABY KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK ON MY DOOR (if you know where that's from ur cool))I quickly turned off the tv and ran to the door and opened to see my girlfriend smiling innocently.I was about to ask her where the hell she had been all day when she cut me off with a passionate kiss.

She pulled away and said"Baby I'm so so sorry I've been gone all day but I was getting your Christmas present and it took longer then I thought".I looked at her and around her to see any sign of a gift but there was nothing."Yeah I don't have it now it's in the car,I'm gonna go get it and I need you to go sit in the couch,okay?"

I nodded and headed to the couch with so many questions in my head.I heard her close the door and a few minutes later open the door again I turned around and saw people who I never thought to see again.

My parents.

I stood up and looked at them and then at Lauren and then back at them."What the hell are they doing here?"I asked Lauren,still looking at the two people who basically disowned me."Y/N please before you get mad listen to what they have to say"Lauren said while making me sit back down on the couch.My parents moved to the front of the couch,looked at each other ,and back at me and began to talk.

"Y/N...we are so very sorry for the way we reacted when you came out to us.We were just so...surprised"my dad said."You know how we are,we still live and act like how it was in the old days with men doing this or women doing that and them acting "the right way"but we should have stop thinking about how bad it was for you to be..you because you are our daughter who we loved and still love so much"my mom said with tears in her eyes."So..please forgive us,we made a huge mistake treating you how we did,we want to be a family again."my dad said in a sincere voice.

I was so shocked I froze.So many emotions were hitting me like a truck.I knew I shouldn't forgive them right away,but I missed my parents and they look like they missed me.I stood up from the couch and hugged them and they hugged back"I don't know how long it will take me to fully forgive you,but I want you to know that I still love you guys"I said holding back tears.

"And we love you,we never stoped loving you Y/N"my mom said with a smile.I turn back to Lauren who was smiling like an idiot.

"And why are you smiling so much"I giggled.

"because I'm pretty sure I just won best gift giver ever" she said as she stood up and gave me a sweet kiss on the lips

"because I'm pretty sure I just won best gift giver ever" she said as she stood up and gave me a sweet kiss on the lips."Merry Christmas baby"she whispered."Merry Christmas Lauren,thank you so much for this amazing gift"I said back

The rest of the night continued with all of us watching the rest of the sponge bob Christmas movie because I made them and a lot of hot coco.

Maybe Christmas doesn't suck as much anymore.

———————-
Not proof read.