7

Tom decided to drive the car himself. With you riding shotgun, Tom drove to a restaurant.

Both of you arrived at a small restaurant tucked away in a corner. Even though the restaurant was small, it looked very grand and was bustling with customers.

There was a long line of people waiting outside the restaurant door.

Both of you got out of the car and made your way to the front door of the restaurant. The hostess stood at the front door.

"Welcome, Mr Holland and Ms L/n." She greeted with a smile before leading both of you to your tables.

You took your seats as the waiter gave you the menus.

"Now, before you say anything about the price, remember your boyfriend can buy this entire building if he wanted to." Tom chuckled.

You rolled your eyes at his cockiness.

"Okay then, I'll have the lobster mac and cheese, smoked salmon and Greek salad." You smiled, putting the menu down.

"Darling, are you sure you can finish them all?

"Of course! It isn't every day your boyfriend brings you to a fancy restaurant in Paris."

Tom shook his head, chuckling.

The waiter took your orders.

"And the drinks sir?"

"Water!" You immediately shouted.

"Water it is." Tom laughed.

The waiter took a bow and left with the menus. Both of you were finally left alone. You looked around, taking in the sight of the beautiful decorations.

A crystal chandelier hung from above, illuminating to the entire restaurant. Paintings in golden coloured frames hung on the walls.

As you looked around, you noticed a few men who looked out of the ordinary. You caught one of them starting you but you just shrugged it off as nothing.

"You know, I used to come here all the time when I was in Paris," Tom said.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, it kinda gives me a homey vibe."

"Yeah, crystal chandeliers and priceless paintings give you a homey vibe." You raised your eyebrows.

"Is it just me or do those paintings look really familiar?"

"You remember? Those paintings used to be hung up on the walls at your old house." Tom explained.

"They tore the building down so I decided to save the paintings. I gave them to this restaurant as a gift since I come here so often."

"T-They tore it down?"

"Yep. My father. He said it was a painful memory of losing you and your parents or something but now I know what it actually is." Tom said softly, looking down.

You reached your hand over to hold his as you gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's okay."

Tom looked at you fondly before his expression quickly changed into a frown. He was staring with his brows furrowed.

You quickly realize he was staring past you.

"Hey, are you okay...?" You frowned, turning to look behind you.

Tom quickly snapped out of his trance.

"Y-Yeah! Everything's fine!" He said frantically.

You were about to ask another question when the waiter interrupted you be serving your food.

You decided to just let it go and enjoy your food.

~~

Tom looked at the dishes in front of him. It was definitely going to take a long time for you to finish them all.

Might as well take the chance to excuse himself for a moment, he thought.

He stood up abruptly, causing you to look up in confusion.

"Where are you going?"

"To the washroom. I'll be right back."

He made a beeline for the washroom, leaving you all alone in the middle of the restaurant.

~~

"You have something I want, Mr Holland." The man said.

"Who are you?"

"If you don't give me what I want, I'll just have to take it by force." The man said, ignoring Tom's question.

"And how are you going to that?" Tom said, quietly reaching for his gun.

"I have men in this restaurant and your girl just happened to be outside all alone."

Tom immediately pulled out his gun, aiming at the man. But he kicked the gun out of his hand and tackled him to the ground. As the two men wrestled each other on the ground, screams and gunshots rang out from outside.

"Fuck!" Tom muttered.

Tom punched the man. He then reached for his gun and shot him once in the chest.

Tom quickly got up and ran out of the washroom. He was greeted by the sight of people frantically running out of the restaurant.

"Y/n!" He shouted as he saw you getting pushed out of the restaurant.