15

"sometimes existing is a little too much"
- conan gray

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" Eliott asks, wiping away any lingering frosting.

I sighed, wishing I could say yes. "Don't we have to go back to school?"

"We could always skip," he says. His expression was filled with mischief and I found myself considering the proposition.

The door to the café opens, letting in a gust of warm air. We both look up to see a girl walk in, her honey-blonde hair blocking her face, but Eliott still lets out a small gasp.

The girl pushes her hair aside in a smooth movement, her eyes also catching on my friend. "Eliott! Aren't you supposed to be at school?"

"I haven't seen you in three months and that's your greeting? Dang, hon, where did all your manners go?" Eliott drawls out, a small smile gracing his face.

I glance over at Eliott, wondering if this was the girl that he had been talking to last night. The pet name seemed to fit.

The girl only sighed. "You going to introduce me to your bo-" She coughs loudly. "I mean friend?"

Eliott glares at her. "Honey, this is Cassian. Cassian, this is Honey."

My eyes widen as it clicks in my mind that Honey wasn't a pet name. It was her name.

Blushing slightly, I wave. "Hi."

"Hi." Honey smiles at me. "How'd you meet that loser?"

"Hey!"

Honey waves him away with a bat of her hand. "Hush, you know it's true."

Eliott leans over and lightly slaps her on the head.

"I thought you were a gentleman, yet here you are hitting a lady."

My friend scoffs. "You're a lot of things, Honey, but a lady is not one of them."

"Whatever." The girl laughs, her eyes lighting up. "So, Cassian, I'm not intruding on anything, am I?"

"No?" I find myself strangely at ease with Honey. She was like a combination of Kaia and Beth. Well, a bit more like Kaia than Beth.

"Yes, you are," Eliott interjects.

Honey flashes him a smile. "Do I know you from somewhere, Cassian? Your face seems familiar."

I sigh. I don't get asked this question quite as much as Alexei, but it still made me uncomfortable. "Maybe the news?"

"Oh, right! You're the son of the brother of the dude that got killed, right?"

Eliott facepalms and I laugh.

"Yep, that's me in a nutshell."

Honey grins. "I doubt that. If that was the most interesting thing about you, then Eli here wouldn't be talking to you."

"That's nice to know." I glance over at Eliott to find him having his head buried in his hands. "I think this is the first time I've seen you embarrassed."

"I'm not embarrassed," he mutters. "Just annoyed."

"Mm, sure." Honey leans over and pats him on the head. "It's ok, little Eli. Hon can see everything."

"Can Hon please stop referring to herself in the third person?"

"No, my sweet child. Hon can not stop referring to herself in the third person because her goal in life is to make you uncomfortable." She tosses him an affectionate look. "Now, Hon shall make her departure, and stop embarrassing her dear Eli. She is very happy to have met Cassian, and she may or may not toss a slipper at Cassian's friend if he does not visit her soon."

I stifle a laugh as Eliott raises his head to give Honey a glare. "Weirdo."

"Asshole," she responds in the same tone.

"An asshole that you love."

Honey shakes her head, chuckling. "That, I do. It was nice meeting you, Cassian," she says, turning towards me. "Take care of him, will ya? God knows he doesn't take care of himself."

"Ignore her," Eliott murmurs after Honey walks away. "So, now that we're late to class, will you go somewhere with me?"

I glance at my phone to see that he was indeed right. We were already more than ten minutes late. "Fine. I guess it doesn't make a difference anymore. But first, I need to go grab a book from next door."

. . .

ahhh i'm sorry!!!! i haven't updated in ages and it's kinda short. anyway, i need to go make an aesthetic for honey. she's a queen.

thanks for reading! if you enjoyed, please vote, leave a comment and i'll see ya later!

- Jells ❤️