Author's Note

Thank you so much for reading Before The Snow Falls! I hope you have enjoyed my little novella. If you have any thoughts on it, please let me know. It was really enjoyable for me to write something so light and fluffy and, at times, humorous. It was a nice change from my other more intense works.

Additionally, having a go at writing contemporary romance and first person was a lovely little experiment. I'm not sure if it is my forte, but it was fun. <3

I might post a little Christmas Day epilogue, so be on the look out for that.

If you haven't read my other stories, they are pure historical fiction-no changes in time: Before She Ruled is the story of Felix's aunt, Adelaide: how she becomes queen and falls in love with Felix's uncle Theo. Before He Knew Her is the story of Felix's parents, which Leo alluded to in the story. Speaking of Leo, Before Liars Loved, is his story.

If you loved Oliver, you're in luck. He is in the main character in my ONC novella Spare Time. It is completed. Check it out!

As usual, I like to make some historical notes for those that might find it interesting:

History Of Ornaments

My understanding is that Christmas trees and ornaments begin showing up in England in the year 1840 thanks to Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. The decorations on those Christmas trees were typically glass ornaments, decorative beads, paper baskets or hot air balloons. Ornaments did not reach America until around 1880. F.W. Woolworth was the first American retailer to introduce glass ornaments to his shop. So, Nora would have been one of the first American with such decorations.

Of course, my alternative history timeless means that Queen Victoria is actually Queen Addie. But I didn't want to get into that, which is why Hale does not mention the monarch responsible for introducing the decoration.

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

Though this publishing company is incredibly old, founded in the year 1832, it did not derive from a company called Potter Publishing. This was a little fact that I fibbed for fun. But Houghton Mifflin Harcourt started as a bookselling business in Boston during the 1800s, and had some amazing writers working with them, including Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, and Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Hale

Oh, Hale. Any other facts that my little librarian spewed from his head or from his research are verified. My stories usually align with British history, so it was fun to incorporate research from this time period in America as well. I'm not perfect, though (and neither is Hale), so if you noticed a mistake, let me know.

A bit thanks to @smittenwriter23 for helping with feedback and support on this story!! She has some great stories, check them out <3

Thanks again! You're all the best. Happy holidays!

-Amelie