Top 9 Sex Toys You Could Use While Masturbating

The conversation surrounding female masturbation has thankfully undergone a huge, positive transformation in the last century, and so has the way we talk about the sex toys for women. We've come a long way from the misguided — and also downright stupid — belief that females don't have sex drives, and now woman can even find the best, most satisfying vibrators with the click of a mouse.

If you've ever taken a women's history class, you probably learned that vibrators got their start when doctors prescribed steam and water powered sex machines as solutions to "hysteria," irritability, and sleeplessness. When electricity hit in the late 1800s, the first electromechanical vibrator was patented. Advertisements showed up in magazines and women started buying them themselves. Fast forward several decades to now, when we talk about female masturbation like it's a normal and healthy thing. You know... because it is.

Female masturbation has scientifically proven benefits, like encouraging more fulfilling sleep, higher levels of happiness, lower amounts of stress, fewer menstrual pains, and a deeper level of comfort with your body. It also just plain feels good, so if you're looking for a new and innovative vibrator for the most fulfilling experience possible, these nine sex toys for female masturbation hit all the right spots.