Chapter 1

Opening my Facebook account on my beautiful laptop computer I got for my 17th birthday I am thrilled for the plan I’ve made. Loading my pictures I am getting ready for school but honestly no matter how nicely I do my hair and make-up and no matter what I wear, it’ll never be enough for these brats at school. I am what you call the cute girl but not cute enough, very intelligent and bright. My hair as a very light blonde and long; it comes down to my waist. My eyes were hazel though, which I got from my mother. I had a perfect hour glass figure, I wasn’t stick thin but I wasn’t too heavy either plus I actually had boobs. I had long legs and had that beautiful olive skin that people died for. All I have to say is that ‘I got lucky with the gene pool’.

Glancing in the mirror to make sure my shirt was nicely tucked into my skirt; I slipped my bright red heels on. I use to wear sweaters, and loose fitting jeans with worn in tennis shoes but this year was different. I was a senior in high school so I made a drastic change to my wardrobe. My mom was happy for me growing up into a woman but we all know how dads’ get. Checking the computer to make sure all my photos were properly uploaded, I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and head out the door. Pulling out my iPhone I called my best friend Stephanie.

“Where are you? We’re going to be late for our first day!” Almost screaming at Stephanie

“Anna, I am right down the street.”Then I heard the click of the phone disconnect.

Walking down the drive way to where the street meets it I see Stephanie driving slowly in her brand new Kia Optima that her dad got her. Stephanie is an only child she got anything she really wanted. She didn’t ask for much though, she was always low maintenance like me. We didn’t need all the fancy things when we were in high school until now. We made a pack together to become woman, and leave the little girls behind. We went shopping for everything together, and her dad gladly handed over his credit card to her. My parents are just your average Joe’s we didn’t have all the cash to spend like Stephanie’s dad did. He was almost a second father to me and my parents thanked him constantly for the things he would get us for birthdays and holidays.

Stephanie’s mom died when she was a freshman in high school, the last three years have been tough on her and I’ve been there for her through it all. She was there for me when my brother passed away a few months after her mother died. He was killed in a car crash by a drunk driver on graduation night. It was impossible for me to get into a car for months, I couldn’t stand to think of something bad happening to him – he was such a good person. He did all he could for others which is why he was going to UCLA for pre-med. He wanted to travel across the world and help others heal. I’ll reunite with him one day soon…

“Your half an hour late Steph!” she blushed knowing she was never late - for anything.

“I know Anna, I couldn’t decide what to wear.”looking down at her cloths she had chosen the red pencil skirt that I was wearing in black with a black top that I wore in white and black heels that I was wearing in a bright red.

“You look great; we’re wearing the same things except different colors.”She glances back at me and laughs.

Well, we are sisters from a different life ya know?” Smiling and turning up the radio, she was right.

Parking in the senior section was tough, so we decided to leave early to get a good spot. After parking the car, we look at each other and check for anything that needs fixed. One time Stephanie had lip stick on her front tooth for two class periods, she was so embarrassed about it which is why we do these silly little checks throughout the day. Putting a fresh coat of lipstick on and we get out of the car to walk towards the prison like building called ‘High School’. Lots of seniors must have left early for good spots because almost our whole class is already taken up the entire senior parking section. I hated this place with a passion; it was hell the past three years.

“Has UCLA sent a letter yet?” turning to look at Steph as I walked along the sidewalk.

“Yeah, the letter is still sealed up.” She looked so nervous about the letter.

“I will come over with my letter tonight.” We wanted to open our letters together. We applied for all the same schools hoping one would choose us both.

Alright, what about Brown; I got a letter from them last week.” She glances across the side walk, there was nobody outside but there were tons of cars already parked.

“Yeah, got it yesterday! I am super excited.” Linking her arm with mine, we came to the double doors of the entrance.

Walking into the dim lighting of the school the doors slammed behind us. Everybody turns to look at who was there, Stephanie blushed while a tug a bit on her arm knowing she isn’t alone. Her head popped right back up so her chin was held high. Walking slowly I could feel the burning feeling against my skin from people looking at us up and down; our new looks were catching everyone’s attention. I heard whispers as we continued to our lockers when one of the popular boys came up to us and cut us off in front of everybody.