001

1922 - Small Heath

1922 - Small Heath

Amelia Shelby had been waiting hopelessly by the cut for an hour when rain began to drench her small fraim. Isaiah had promised her he would meet her there so they could go see a movie together but it would seem he'd forgotten her once more and probaly landed himself in a pub with Michael or Finn. Shaking from the merciless winds of Small Heath in the nighttime Amelia pulled her coat closer to her body, before she began to walk home giving up on any faith that this time would be any different.

She was exhausted and drained by the toxic cycle that was her dangerous love for Isaiah Jesus. For a long while their love had been full of innocence and purity. Then he made the detrimental choice to become a peaky boy there by changing the course of their relationship forever.

Later that night after drifting to sleep with a tear stained face, Amelia awoke to the sound of banging against her window. In a tiered daze she crept over to the window, peering outside to see Isaiah standing with a guilty look plastered on his face. Carefully she made her way downstairs, making sure not to wake up Polly or her brothers.

Grabbing her coat of the rack and slipping on some shoes she made her way outside, "So you've finally remembered you have a girlfriend eh?"

"lia I'm so sorry I had some blinder stuff to take care of" He explained, attempting to pull her into a hug only to be met with a harsh push and an icy look that could freeze his heart.

He rolled his eyes, "What the fuck, I said I'm sorry"

"Thats the problem Isaiah all you do is give me your easy words" She yelled becoming increasingly pissed of by his antics, "Try actually fucking showing it some time"

"I'm tiered of this shit" He moaned, "Im tiered of fighting with you all the fucking time"

Taking a deep breath she sighed crouching down to sit on the pavement, Isaiah doing the same, "This isn't how it's supposed to be, I don't know much about relationships, you're the only real one I've ever had but from what I can tell it isn't meant to hurt"

"I'm sorry Lia, I'll make it up to you, I promise" He never did, "I'll do better, I'll be better" Deep down both Amelia and Isaiah knew his words were flat and empty. If there was one thing he had realised whilst being a peaky blinder was you can't fight against who you are.

His dad may of been a preacher but Isaiah was a gangster to his core and that only ended one way for Amelia; heartbroken.