Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own Wings of Fire, but all of the characters, besides Scarlet and the Dragons of Destiny, belong to me.

(Sorry about any typos)

Somewhere in the forest two dragons sat on a cliff. Both were filled with a dread that was quickly growing.

"We should go before they find us." hissed the first dragon, who had golden scales, as she cradled a bright golden egg between her talons. "We have to hurry before the Skywings find us!"

The second dragon, who had pure white scales, sighed and stared at his wife with sadness in his eyes. "We'll have to hide it, we can't move faster having it arou-" The sounds of hundreds of blood red dragons cut off his sentence and circled them in the sky. Their wing beats sounding like an upcoming thunderstorm.

"Well well weeell", sneered a voice.

"Queen Scarlet!" growled the golden dragon in disgust, as she stood protectively over the egg and lashed her tail. The white dragon quickly jumped in between the two, before any chaos could happen.

"Sun, we don't have time for fights" he whispered and then turned to the queen, "Your highness, please excuse her we were just on our way out." Scarlet smirked,

"Sooo Sky, are you trying to act like the innocent one I see.", she sneered. "Traitors, I gave you a home in my kingdom, and then you steal my most precious treasure."

"It was never your treasure!" growled Sun, then she pounced on the Skywing queen, who quickly scratched her across her chest.

"SUN!" yelled Sky, as Sun gasped for breath. Scarlet stomped her talon on Sun's head so she couldn't escape and also warned Sky to not come any closer.

"Give me the egg or I'll kill her...AND YOU TOO." cackled the queen. Before Sky was about to make the obvious answer, Sun managed to speak her final words.

"Sky...take the egg please!" Then closed her eyes to accept her death.

With one daring change of thought, Sky snatched the egg in his talons and took off into the sky...a very stormy sky. The large army of Skywing guards raced after him, covering the sky red, which was letting him know of what was to come. The wind thundered as Sky flapped his wings as hard as he could. He was about to surface to the clouds to freedom, but then a guard knocked into him with an astounding force and he was knocked from his course.

Spiraling madly in the air, the white dragon rammed into the ground covering his scales and the grass in his blood.

Authors Note:
Thank you for reading this, and I hope you continue to the next chapter, and don't forget to comment and vote. ^^