Chapter 6

Athebea made sure the chains landing silently on the ground as she finally melted the last of them with her fiery breath. She looked around at Darkshadow, who nodded at her solemnly. He held up the keys that he managed to sneak from the guards while dinner with being served. Athebea slowly crept past a snoring group of Sandwings and joined her friend at the door. As Darkshadow first excited the room, but Athebea switched her gaze to a sleeping Rainwing. It was Peacock. She was curled up along with another group of dragons as if she had no worries. Athebea wanted to wake her up and give her another chance to change her mind, but Darkshadow gave her a small yank.

"We have to go". He whispered, "Don't forget that we have a mission to do too".

"Sorry." Athebea muttered and followed him toward the exit of the prison. Darkshadow took out the map of the building and led the way until they were finally out of the tower. The moon emitted a bright light, which helped them see their surroundings. Finally, the two dragonets ascended into the air, but it was not very long until the guards discovered them missing.

Athebea could hear the thundering wings of the Skywings. They were getting louder and closer as she flew. Athebea gave a couple glances to make sure that the sky was clear behind them. She feared of what would happen to them if they were caught again. All Athebea thought of was the bloody mess of the Icewing that she killed. Any wrong move could make them match the fate of that dragon.

"Darkshadow we have to split up" yelled Athebea.

"No, it's too risky". He yelled "We should stay together!"

"If one gets captured the other can find a way to free them". Athebea swerved away from him, "Let's meet up at the market when we are out of sight of the guards".

Just as Darkshadow left, Athebea felt a heavy force hit her. It was Falcon! Athebea attempted the writhe away from the Skywing, but the he didn't release her. She noticed that she was getting and closer to the ocean. He was trying to drown her! Panicking Athebea clawed out one of her talons and scratched the life out of Falcon so she could get free. Unfortunately, he didn't let go as the two of them were plummeting toward the sea.

Suddenly she heard a screech. She felt the heavy weight lift off of her as Falcon was suddenly ripped away from her! Falcon was just as surprised as a blue blur carried him away from her. Then it made a couple turns in the air, with Falcon clawing at it, then finally dropped the Skywing, who failed to regain his balance and crashed into the sea. Athebea squinted her eyes to recognize the strange figure, who surprisingly spoke!

"Athebea!" It yelled. Athebea instantly identified it. The blur, who saved her, was none other than Peacock!

"You came" yelled Athebea as she flew toward her friend. "How did you find us".

"I just followed the guards". Smiled Peacock. "They're very noisy". Even though she was happy to see her friend, she noticed that someone was missing.

"Where's Darkshadow?"

"Over here" called a frantic voice. Both dragonets turned around to see him carrying a claw full of scrolls.

"While I was flying, I noticed the library and found some interesting material". Exclaimed Darkshadow. Athebea rolled her eyes soared to her companion. When the three were together Darkshadow turned to the sun.

"I guess it's time to continue this". Said the Nightwing.

"Do ya'll know were yer goin'." asked Peacock. Athebea shrugged.

"Honestly, no idea, we're just following the sun".

"That sounds... interestin'."

"I heard that another village is somewhere close by." Chirped Darkshadow, who was looking at one of his finds from the library.

"A village means food, let's go" exclaimed Peacock as she jetted ahead of them. Darkshadow and Athebea followed behind her, away from the Skywing kingdom and onward toward their next destination.