Chapter 4

"Stay where you are" shouted Falcon. The Skywing smiled excitedly as if he couldn't wait to kill the two of them. Athebea knew how this dragon was trained, because he was taught by the same mentor as her, who's advice was to leave nothing alive whether it be a friend or not. Since the she and that dragonet knew nothing about each other, Athebea knew that he will not back down.

"Darkshadow get ready to attack" muttered Athebea. Darkshadow only cast her a look that said "nope" and was shivering in terror. The guards advanced closer until the two of them were trapped in a small circle that barely kept the distance from them and the guard's spears. Athebea crouched down ready to spring on them, while Darkshadow hid beneath his wings. Falcon gave his sharp gauntlets a small swipe on the ground, which emitted small sparks, and smiled in amusement.

"Don't think about attacking, the queen demands to see you" he sneered. "Besides you wouldn't even be able to survive if you tried a little trick like that."

"What does your queen want with-"

"The queen herself!" squeaked Darkshadow. "The queen wants to speak to me! This is such an honor, I always wanted to meet of all the queens in this world!"

"Soon there will be only one queen". muttered the guard. Athebea flinched at his comment, was that a threat? Darkshadow didn't seem to care, he looked like a little dragonet on his birthday. Little did he know that this queen was nothing but a ruthless psycho!

"Don't be rude Athebea". Chirped Darkshadow. "We are about to meet royalty".

"WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT READING MY MIND!" growled Athebea, and the Nightwing just blinked at her. Then she turned her angry glare toward Falcon, "What did you mean about "one queen?"

"Curious, aren't you?" sneered Falcon "You'll find out soon enough, anyway the queen's waiting for us". He and the rest of the guards took off into the air, Darkshadow sped ahead, while Athebea dragged from behind and slowly soared in the air. She was now wishing that she left Darkshadow at the arena and started a new life. The castle was looming up ahead as the group of dragons flew toward it. It was still golden and full of small rubies inside its walls like Athebea remembered. It was actually her second time seeing it, because on the first she was younger and seeing the infamous queen Scarlet for the first time. A loud roar emitted from the castle, which made Athebea catch her breath. It was Scarlet.

"What's taking those guards so long. They might be new but sheesh!" At the entrance she, Darkshadow, and the guards took a small halt as Falcon turned to the two of them.

"Don't do anything funny". He hissed "There are guards around all around the castle, who would gladly kill someone like you". Athebea just snorted, and they entered the castle. The throne room was a bright gold color, full of large windows at the top, and have a ruby colored carpet that lead to Scarlet's large throne. She stared at them with sinister delight.

"We have arrived your highness" announced Falcon and then did some exaggerated bow along with the others. One of the guards prodded Athebea and Darkshadow to with their spears making the two of them bow too. Athebea was shaking all over hoping that Scarlet would not recognize her. She was just inches away from her just behind Falcon, because the other guards were behind them, so they couldn't escape.

"Nice to meet you newcomers". purred the queen "The two of you looked absolutely thrilling, so I just wanted to meet you". Then she sat up and smiled.

"Now enough from me, what are your names?" Athebea was too shaken to respond. Just make up a name!

For the first time she hoped that Darkshadow would go against her orders and read her mind, but the Nightwing looked like he just saw an explosion of fireworks.