Chapter Six

I stared at Stephen for a long time, as I waited for him to speak. I didn't want to talk to him but at the same time I was curious as to what he wanted.

"I went to the flat and you weren't there, so I guessed you'd be here." he said.

I shrugged and turned my back on him.

"Can we talk?" he asked quietly.

"I have nothing to say to you." I told him.

I turned and walked away from him. Mark smiled at me, as I made eye contact with him. I felt Stephen grab my wrist. I turned angrily to face him. I heard Mark stand up behind me.

"Hayley told me what happened." he sighed.

"She had no right to do that!" I exclaimed.

"Maybe not, but I'm sorry I left."

"Sorry doesn't cut it!" I snapped.

"I know." he sighed.

"I want to give us another try." he added.

"That's not going to happen." I said.

"I know you still love me." he whispered softly.

I just looked at him, I didn't trust my own voice.

He took a step towards me. I looked into his deep blue eyes. They were so familiar and held so many memories of the times that we had spent together.

"We were good together though weren't we." he whispered as he leant towards me, our lips virtually touching.

I jumped slightly as his lips gently brushed against mine.

"I can't." I said as I tilted my head away.

He leant back and looked at me intensely, trying to figure out what I was feeling.

I glanced at him before quickly turning on my heel and running to the bathroom.