Chapter Nineteen

I rubbed my eyes gently as I awoke. I blinked as my eyes adjusted to the light. I frowned as I realised that I was laying on the sofa. I sat up and saw that Mark was asleep on the floor next to the sofa.

I quietly stood up and walked past him.

"Morning." he said groggily.

I jumped.

"Jeez don't do that!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry." he chuckled.

"We are doing a gig tonight." he stated.

"Oh really?" I asked as I wandered into the kitchen, Mark following closely behind.

"Yeah it's at a caravan park, we're going to do a few songs." he told me.

"That's great." I smiled at him as I filled the kettle with water.

"Come with us." he suggested.

"I don't have a ticket." I replied.

"That doesn't matter, you'll be our guest." he grinned at me.

"Okay then." I smiled at him.

A few hours later I was wandering around the caravan park. Mark had gone for rehearsals with the boys, leaving me to explore. I wandered into the arcade. It was packed, people were everywhere. I smiled as a group of children ran past me laughing and chatting excitedly amongst themselves.

I sat on the steps watching a couple of teenage girls play on one of the dance machines. I smiled as I watched them, it reminded me of when I used to dance with my friends. I squealed slightly as someone came up behind me and placed their hands on my shoulders.

I turned around and saw Ben beaming at me. Christian and Mark were laughing at my shocked expression.

"Ben Adams, you are a dick!" I teased him.

He pouted at me and sat next to me on the steps.

"Aww did I give you a fright." he bantered.

I elbowed him in the ribs.

"Ow." he laughed.

"Serves you right." I grinned at him.

"So what's going on trouble?" he asked.

"Nothing much." I said quietly.

I glanced at Christian as he wandered over to the kiosk.

"I challenge you to a dance off." Ben rounded on me.

"Oh c'mon, you are a great dancer, I don't stand a chance." I protested.

He glared at me. I looked up as Christian returned and handed Mark a plastic tub of coins.

"C'mon trouble, we're having a go on the slot machines." Mark announced.

I grinned and followed him.

"Which machine do you want to play?" he asked rattling the coin pot at me happily.

I giggled and rolled my eyes.

"I don't mind." I said.

He picked a machine and held the pot out to me.

"Ladies first." he said.

I smiled at him, took a coin and put it in the machine.

My skin tingled as he placed his arm around my waist. I glanced at him, but he didn't seem to notice, he was to busy concentrating on the machine.

"Where did Ben and Chris go?" I asked.

"Probably playing each other on the cars." he grinned.

I glanced back at the machine as I heard several coins drop. Mark bent over and picked them up. He held up a silver bracelet that he had won.

"For you." he smiled at me.

I held out my wrist and watched as he placed the bracelet on my wrist and gently tied it in place. My skin tingled as his fingers gently brushed against my wrist.

"Thanks." I smiled at him.

He smiled back at me and looked into my eyes. I glanced at his lips as he leant towards me.

The moment was swiftly interrupted by Ben appearing from behind the machine.

I sighed as Mark glared at him.

"C'mon then, dance off." Ben winked at me.

"Fine." I said rolling my eyes.

I quickly followed him over to the dance machine and stepped onto one side, whilst he stepped on the other. Mark leant on the railing watching closely.

"Let's do We Can't Stop." Ben suggested.

"No way, I am not twerking!" I exclaimed.

"Oh look they've got Same Old Brand New You!" Ben cried excitedly.

"For god sake we are not doing that one!" I laughed.

"I give up, Mark you choose one." Ben sighed.

Mark shook his head, it was obvious that he was enjoying listening to the banter between me and Ben.

"Just do Glad You Came." I said.

Ben groaned, but selected it anyway.

"No judging." I told him.

He beamed at me as we waited for the track to start.