Chapter Twenty Six

"What time do we have to leave?" I called down the hall to Mark.

"About an hour." he called back.

I sighed and continued cleaning the kitchen counters. I looked up as I heard him padding down the hallway. He appeared around the corner, wearing only boxers.

"Put some clothes on." I chuckled.

"Why?" he said wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes at him. I squealed as he snuck up behind me, placed his arms around my waist and spun me around.

"Stop it!" I giggled.

He gently put me down and tucked a stray hair behind my ear.

"How are you feeling about rehearsals?" he asked me gently.

"I'm crapping myself." I admitted.

"You'll be fine, it'll be fun." he grinned at me.

"I hope so." I said quietly.

"I'll make it fun for you." he winked at me.

I grinned at him.

"Are you going to get dressed?" I asked him.

He jumped up and sat on the counter.

"Get off there, I've just cleaned it!" I exclaimed slapping his arm.

He chuckled at me and placed his hands on my waist. He gently pulled me so that I was standing between his legs. He wrapped his arms around my waist and grinned at me cheekily.

"Stop distracting me, I have housework to do." I protested as he gently kissed my neck.

He chuckled and continued.

I pulled away from him and leant my forehead against his. My lips were mere inches from his.

"You want a kiss?" I teased.

"Yeah." he grinned.

I leaned in towards his lips and stopped as I brushed them.

"Well I haven't got time." I grinned.

"You're such a tease." he grinned.

He jumped off the counter and picked me up.

"You're going to pay for that." he stated.

"Go and get dressed, we have to go out." I told him.

"Only if you undress me first." he teased.

"Mark!" I exclaimed blushing.

"You're so adorable when you blush." he whispered softly.

I jumped down from him and looked at the floor uncomfortably.

"You don't like compliments do you?" he said.

"They make me uncomfortable, I don't really know how to respond. " I admitted.

"Surely Stephen used to compliment you?" he asked.

"Sometimes." I whispered.

"Don't you want to talk about him?" he asked.

"Not really no." I said as I took his hand and led him to the bedroom.

We made it to the studio with moments to spare. We quickly ran along the hall and Mark flung open the studio door. As we entered the studio I noticed that Ben and Christian were already there. They had a few girls with them, who I assumed were the other dancers.

"Hi, I'm the choreographer Craig." a guy said holding his hand towards me. I took his hand and shook it.

"This is my girlfriend, Kate." Mark said. My heart fluttered slightly when he said those words.

"This way Kate." Craig said. I followed him to where the other dancers were standing.

"Okay so for one of the songs you are each going to dance with one of the boys. Claire can you dance with me to show Kate and Mel what to do." Craig said.

Claire smiled and walked over to him as he switched on the track. I watched as she danced around Craig. When the song reached the chorus he took her hand and twirled her towards him. She ran her hand down his chest and turned her back towards him. He placed his hands on her waist as they both moved in time to the music.

"So what do you think?" he asked as the music ended.

"It's a bit kinky." I said in a state of shock.

"Is it going to be a problem?" he asked.

"Well maybe-" I started.

"Look, we don't usually allow people to come along on the tour, the only reason we are allowing it is because Mark said you could be one of the dancers, so I suggest you pay attention and learn the routine." he snapped.

I stared at him, taken aback by his harsh tone.

I looked around for Mark but noticed that he wasn't there.

"Where's Mark?" I asked as I walked over to Ben and Christian.

"He popped to the loo." Ben told me.

"You okay, you look upset?" he asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I said quietly.

I stood with the boys waiting for Mark to return.

Eventually he did. As soon as I saw him I ran over and threw my arms around him. He hugged me back tightly.

"What's that for?" he chuckled.

"I just needed a hug." I told him.

"Don't be nervous, you'll be amazing." he whispered in my ear.

I let go of him and wandered over to the group.

"Okay we're gonna do Caught in the Middle to start with. From the top." Craig announced.

"Wait, you've only taught the girls the routine!" Ben protested.

"You boys don't do a lot just let the girls lead and get on with it." he stated impatiently.

"Right Claire you're with Chris, Mel you are with Mark and Kate is with Ben." he ordered.

I opened my mouth to protest but Mark beat me to it.

"Can't Kate dance with me?!" he exclaimed.

"No, it's a case of getting the heights right, Claire and Mel are to tall for Ben so I want Kate with Ben." he snapped.

"But-" Mark started.

"But nothing, I've made my decision." Craig said matter of factly.

I sighed and glanced at Mark. I could see that he was seething as I slowly walked over to Ben.