I.

From the moment she had been able to get a pokémon on her own, she has had an undying love for them.
She couldn't even put it into words, and from that moment on, her mind wandered from all sorts of tropes.
To see what the region had to offer- the chance to make more friends, in Galar. It was a need to explore and research everything she came across, like a real pokémon trainer! That's what she wanted to be.
(Y/N)'s current dream.

"Ugh... who would've known the way to get to Stow-on-Side would be so exhausting..?" A girl, who has (h/l) (h/c) hair, was walking through a patch of tall grass. She huffed briefly, gripping her bag as she eyed another way up the cliff. "..Muffy, care to explain?"

Muffy, a Meowstic and long time friend of (Y/N), just hummed in response as they followed her swiftly through the grass. They jumped quickly, latching onto (Y/N)'s arm and sitting on her shoulder when the common ladder came by.

'Long time friend' is a bit vague, but... This Meowstic was special. Muffy was the first Pokémon to land in (Y/N)'s possession, and ultimately becoming the sole reason into making their trainer, well... a certified trainer of Galar. Muffy was the beholder of her inspiration.

Now, (Y/N)... (Y/N).

They were an interesting case. Finally getting permission from her mother only one month ago-- to finally go out on her own and explore Galar to compete!
Getting that permission only took a couple of years..! A couple of years of asking nicely!
It simply started one day when watching challenges on the telly when she was simply eight years old.

"Ooh, wow..." A little girl stare in awe, looking at the events happening live on the television. "Mum, look! Their team is so strong..!" She proclaimed in excitement, her eyes shining.
"One day... One day I'll be up there too! Me and Muffy, challenging the gyms... Going to the top.. To face Leon!" She cheered, her mind set on the idea as the little Espurr hopped and jumped in delight.

Mother wasn't very keen on that idea for such a long time...

A small sigh left (Y/N)'s lips, as she remembered such times. Mother was just worried, but she had to prove to her that she was capable to look after herself now.
Her frown was then replaced by a grin, finally getting out of that pesky patch of tall grass with no encounters.

"..Watching the gym battles every chance I got on the TV helped me plenty. I know most of the gym leaders, their teams- even some of their weaknesses!" (Y/N) rambled, walking along the trail as she recalled certain memories. "Milo, Nessa, Kabu... I'm sure we have this next gym under control, Muffy."
The girl held onto her bag and put an extra skip to her step, taking a few moments to be carefree with her surroundings.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going, trainer?"
"Oh... just my luck." (Y/N) murmured under her breath, totally forgetting about trainers lurking around.
She'll make this battle quick.

"..'Aight then, let's get this over with!" She turned around and forced a grin at the trainer, Muffy pouncing to the ground.

----- × -----

Huffs of exhaustion were heard from (Y/N); battling the hidden trainers that caught her gaze, tall grass and those dreaded ladders... After what felt like an eternity, she finally made it to her destination.

Stow-on-Side.

"..A vibrant town, that has grown around an ancient mural in the mountains..." (Y/N) murmured as she read aloud the sign, looking around as she just saw cliff sides and the same shade of deep orange, aside from the statues, building and stands. "..Doesn't exactly seem so vibrant to me."