XI.

It's been months since that day. Well... just four months, to be precise. That day, where Allister willingly appeared infront of (Y/N), not behind a tree, or the shadows... or a mask.

That day was a gift wrapped in the loveliest of ribbons, and the item inside will be treasured for a life time. Ever since then, Allister wasn't afraid when he spent time with his friend (Y/N)... But when times they had to part, he hid behind his mask to face the public.

"You know, beneath your mask... You're a wonderful person. I hope more people can see that."

-----×-----

The distant chirping of Pokémon was heard outside, during a beautiful morning on a tuesday. A certain someone was curled up into a ball under the covers, as a Meowstic slept undisturbed at the foot of the bed.

This is home. (Y/N)'s home in the small town of Postwick; where she lives with her mother. Laying in bed half asleep, her eyes were closed to try and get more sleep with a quiet murmur, clinging onto a soft quilted blanket.
It wasn't easy.

Walking through the streets on Wyndon, she look down at her completed badge medallion with a gleeful pride. Only to face a champion that will test her strength.

One, two, three! Semi-finals done!
One, two, three! Finals completed!

"Everyone is cheering! Why, we haven't seen a new trainer this young come so close in a long time!"

"This just in, Pokémon Trainer (Y/N) (L/N) flew through the Finals match-up!"

"Defeated Raihan of all people! Could this possibly be it?!"

...

...

...

It's not that easy.

Defeat... It's such a bitter taste when you were so, so close.

Bitter, bitter, bitter...

"(Y/N)! Breakfast!"
A voice called from downstairs, which caused (Y/N) to snap out of her thoughts. With a groan, she emerged from her den of comfy blankets and sat up slowly, running her fingers through her messed hair.

"Coming..!" She called back lazily, letting out a yawn as her tired eyes fell over her desk.

Her badge medallion laid there; having a slight shine to them from the morning sun that peeked through the window curtains.
It had now been weeks since she came home, after she had admitted defeat during her final battle with the Champion, Leon.

If she could just go back, to just try, try again... Would she?

...No.
Her journey had already lasted for so long. She had yearned for her home and comforts for a good while; and her home sickness had finally caught up to her.

Being able to talk to her mother in person again, made her feel better after everything... After all, she was just one of the few newbie trainers that had made it to this years Champion Cup- and the only one that made it to Finals.

Oh, but it's fine! She only just failed to defeat the Champion in front of a region-wide audience!

(Y/N) became irked-- quickly slamming a pillow into her face and letting out a muffled scream into it.
'How?! How could I get so close?!'

. . .

No use in crying over spilt milk...

You shouldn't be upset over something that cannot be undone.