IV.

A few hours have now passed in the town of Stow-on-side. The sun was setting, and the warm rays of orange and yellow have appeared. At that moment, it was a beautiful sight to see for everyone who was present.
That sight also included the perfect time for photos.

(Y/N) held her phone carefully as she positioned herself to get the perfect photo of the landscape and setting sun, smiling happily when satisfied with the finished product. "A memory of Stow-on-Side..."

The calming breeze of the wind blew past her, taking a look at all the other photos she took that day, before sliding the device back into her pocket.
She has decided to stay at the campsite overnight with her team, and she was glad she did so in the first place.
The evening was beautiful here, she just didn't want to miss this opportunity.

She turned her focus back on the curry that was still being cooked, making sure that it doesn't end up burnt or anything. Her Pokémon ran around and played together, often passing her and the pot as it got a few laughs out of her. "What did I say about playing near the pot?"

She was glad her pals had positive relations with each other, as she yearned to join them and play. But alas... The curry. Muffy would kill her if it all went to waste!

There was still a distraction on her mind, and that was becoming friends with Allister- still fresh in her mind.
He seemed so mature for his age... But those few moments where they locked eyes without his mask in the beginning, Allister was just a normal kid who was shy and fearful..
He looked amazing, great even..!

(Y/N) had to catch herself again, sighing as she felt her cheeks heat up. She can't have those distractions now... After all, she was in the middle of making food for her and her pals.
"Curry is nearly done, everyone!" She proclaimed with a smile, watching as each of her team members came walking up.
They are in for a treat!

-----×-----

Another long day has passed for Allister, for the most part... His last battle of the evening, he lost to another person and watched them smugly walk off with their new badge.
Never to be seen again or bat an eye his direction, just like everyone else...

...Other than one. (Y/N).
The girl who walked in and became his friend, all simply because of a gift.

He really liked the plush he was given- he would go so far as to say he loved it. But... He felt so shy when they first talked, did he even make a good first impression? They couldn't talk long and had to part ways too...

Allister listened closely to his surroundings of his locker room, and when he heard nothing but the sound of his own breathing, he finally removed his mask.
That surprise visit from (Y/N) earlier today sharply rose his guard.

"Friends... Now, what do they do?" He asked himself, placing the mask down on the table before slowly pacing around the room in thought.
After a minute,he reached a thorough conclusion. A realization that he had to come to terms with. It was that... he had no idea.

He had seen countless people walking around together, talking and laughing... Getting food and drinks together. But that was his problem-- He wasn't very keen on stepping out into the public on his own accord.
Allister was just the type of person to stay on the sidelines, heck, to just stay at home entirely. He wasn't fond of the idea of staying in busy places buzzing with people; the stadium an exception, simply because it was his job and duty.

"Crumbs..."
Allister folded his arms and sighed, a little disappointed in himself for having little knowledge on friends and their relations. But, he did want to learn more.
He shuffled towards the small bookcase he kept safe under his desk, thinking that surely, surely ONE of these books have a little background on friendship.

Most of them were about lore, mysteries, even ghost-types that are not native to Galar. Sadly, he couldn't get to reading these ones due to his busy schedule as a Gym Leader.

"Surely one of them..." He mumbled, picking up a select few before taking a seat on his chair and started to flip through the pages, scanning them rather quickly.
He sat there for a good ten minutes, hunting for that one piece of knowledge he wanted. After going through 3 books, he halted quickly when realizing this one had what he needed...

Spending time with a friend is doing anything you both enjoy. These hangouts can range from a simple walk, to swimming in the great sea. All while enjoying the company they give.

The boy blinked his eyes, staying quiet as he processed that information- reading that script over and over again. "I-It's that simple?"

There was no way for Allister to argue with it. It was a book- with knowledge that he didn't even know in the first place.

He quietly muttered to himself as he placed the books back onto the small bookshelf, leaning back on his chair and looked up to the shelf; seeing the Phantump plush displayed. A gift... That actually made him happy.

He made a quick decision.
He stood up and grabbed his mask from the table, placing it back on his face before leaving the room.

He wasn't sure if (Y/N) was still in Stow-on-Side, or she already had left for her next destination... But either way, he was going to check outside just to see.

Allister took a shortcut out of the stadium and stayed near the outskirts of the town, away from everybody else who was still outside. He occasionally looked down at the roads, but to no benefit to see his friend anywhere.
If he was going to be a friend to (Y/N), it was best to spend time and get to know eachother more- just like she had offered before she left.

The tranquil and gorgeous sunset set off a relaxing atmosphere over the town was about to be covered by purple haze clouds, to signal the calm of night.
Hopefully before the stars shine through, Allister will find (Y/N).

Author's Note:
Edited 6/30/22