V.

Half an hour had passed since Allister made the decision to leave the stadium... The sunset lowered completely and was replaced by the night sky, and was slowly getting darker, gradually getting more chilly in the process.

He looked up at the sky, seeing the crescent moon peak from behind the thin grey clouds.
His quiet search even got to the point where he actually left the boarders of Stow-on-Side, looking out onto the cliffs.

"...I'm starting to think she left already." The boy mumbled to himself, folding his arms but continued on walking with his head down. He wondered if he should just turn back now... There was no sign of (Y/N) anyway.

Or that's what he thought.
A few moments later, he caught the faint smell of smoke- looking up and catching sight of a barely noticeable light source from afar.
He thought his eyes were playing tricks, but that wasn't the case. A camp perhaps..?

Allister just wanted to make this check quick. Whoever is at the camp is either going to be (Y/N), or... someone completely irrelevant.
He didn't want this half hour trip to end up for naught.

He walked swiftly and quietly, making sure to stay out of sight as he approached the camp from a comfortable distance. He hid behind a tree, staying put as he took a deep breath.
There was no light around him, as he was shrouded in darkness; easier for him to keep his presence hidden after all.

He looked up the tree he was hiding behind, getting the idea to climb up to get a better view. Carefully, he barely made a sound as he climbed-  huffing quietly as he got to a good height in order to see.
He was anxious, for sure. Slowly, he peeked from above the trunk and branches... at which, he saw what he sought.

(Y/N) was there, happy laughter emitting from her as she played with her team of pokémon. She was throwing a toy ball around, watching her pokémon run over to grab it first.
Despite the night sky signaling it's time to rest, (Y/N) and her pals stayed put with their playful moments.

"Wow, good job Eldegoss! That might've been your fastest one yet!" She praised Eldegoss who reached the ball first, walking over and taking the ball back from their possession. She stood there as she praised the rest of her team, her positivity radiating to even affect the atmosphere around them.
It was a sweet and cheerful feeling...

Allister stared at the scene in front of him with surprise. He didn't know (Y/N) was so sweet and kind to even her pokémon... Well, considering they've only met a few hours prior-- of course he didn't know.

There was something pleasant about watching them have their fun, as Allister rested his cheek against his hand watching it all unfold. The bonds between a Trainer and their Pokémon... It brought a small smile to his lips.
After a few moments, he realised what he was just doing- Ah, he wasn't trying to be creepy!

It's just... Seeing her so happy evoked his thoughts again. His stomach flipped at the thought of wanting to confront her... What would he even say?
(Y/N) and her team were bonding together, and that's what he was trying to do in the first place, with her...
He gently smacked his head, thinking he wasn't going to make it this far in the first place.

Allister carefully climbed down the tree, and when he touched the ground, he reached down to his hip and grabbed ahold of one of his pokéballs- looking down at it with thought as he fixed his mask back into place.
Maybe, just maybe... He should practice for just a minute.

"Mimikyu... I need you to come out for a bit."

-----×-----

(Y/N) grinned and took the toy ball from Thievul's possession, gently petting their head. "That was amazing, let's try again!" She proclaimed, already in the rhythm of throwing the ball.
She was currently making an attempt to boost her teams speed and agility, hence the ball.

She prepared herself once more, before throwing the ball with a bit more power than the last. Watching the ball bounce against the ground, her smile quickly faded when realizing the ball was going farther in the direction she threw it in. "Oops..." She murmured, watching the ball continue to roll away at a fast speed.
"..Eldegoss, don't go that far! I'll go and get it for you, okay?"

Eldegoss stopped in their tracks and turned around to look at (Y/N) puzzled, but listened nonetheless and backed away.
The ball finally seemed to slow down just a bit, but it's final destination landed itself in the dark thicket of bushes beside a tree.

(Y/N) scrunched up her nose at the sight, as she did not enjoy dark places much, or at all.
"I.. I got this." She took a deep breath in, before letting it out slowly. "..See, Eldegoss? You would've gotten stuck there!"
(Y/N) cautiously took a few steps closer to the bushes, wanting to make this quick.

A flash of red and white shot past the girl- just barely grazing her shoulder, causing a shriek of surprise as she fell backwards.
She quickly scurried away from the bushes, looking back at her little campsite.

And there it was; the ball, back in her teams possession. She swallowed down her nervousness, only for it to immediately come back. "W-what was that..?" Her voice trembled, thinking it was an angered pokémon.

She scrambled to her feet, watching as the bushes started to rustle. "Oh... No, no no.." She started to panic, placing her hands on her head as the tried to think of something... but her head was drawing a blank.
Just then, her team ran over and stood in front of her- ready for a fight if it was necessary to keep her safe.

...

"Mimi~!"
Behind the bush, a small cry was heard before the mysterious visitor emerged.
A familiar pokémon: Mimikyu.

(Y/N) blinked her eyes, lowering her hands from her head. "A... Mimikyu. Haha, why.. Why is one out here?" She sounded confused, watching the Mimikyu look around, seemingly inspecting her team in front of her.

Her pokémon were also equally confused, lowering their stances when sensing no harm or ill will from the Mimikyu.
The little Mimikyu curiously shuffled around the pokémon, and from their perspective- they remembered a few of them from earlier; the battle. That's why they knew them!
"Miiii~!"

And with that, they ran towards (Y/N)'s campsite with no hesitation to touch every nook and cranny that caught their attention.

"Hey.. Hey! Wait, please! Don't touch that!" (Y/N) turned her heel and started to chase the mischievous pokémon: having to move and place items back into their rightful placements.
"Mimikyu, please don't!" She even had to start carrying a few items in her hands, as she tried to convince the Mimikyu to cease the touching. "Please, stop!"

  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Unbeknownst to (Y/N) and her team, Allister was still behind that tree.
The emotions he felt; bashful, embarrassed... He was silently panicking on what Mimikyu was currently doing.
All he wanted to do was practice! But thay ball from a minute ago came too dangerously close to them... Now look what's happening!

"K-keep it together.." He whispered, patting his mask with both of his hands. There's no time to panic now! He just had to step in to stop Mimikyu from causing anymore mischief than they already have...
"Oh, Mimikyu... You have alot of guts to do this to me..."
With that, Allister swiftly left his hiding spot and started to rush towards the scene- the feeling of embarrassment bubbling in his very soul.

  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
(Y/N) was getting exhausted, not to mention she was struggling holding most of the important items in her two hands... She was about to give up.
"Why bother..?" She mumbled, before she started to collapse to her knees to gain some of her energy again. It just looked like this Mimikyu wasn't going to snatch anything anyway... Her energy was low, looking down to the ground.

So... It wasn't much of a surprise when she didn't notice a certain boy walking up in front of her, Mimikyu in arms.
"I-I'm so sorry, (Y/N)... I didn't know Mimikyu would be this troubling.."

-----×-----

Author's Note:
Edited 7/1/22