Margay III

Beta: TaintedLetter

(≧ڡ≦*)

The stage of the Second Phase took part outside of a magnificent white-stoned castle. The heavy fog of the marshlands dissipated as they neared the castle. Tall white stone walls stretched out as far as the eye could see on either side of the castle doors.

"Everyone, the Second Phase of the exam will occur here, in the Visca Forest Preserve," Satotz called out. "So I shall take my leave. Best of luck to all of you."

As Satotz walked through the group and out of sight, the massive doors opened up to reveal a large courtyard and a mansion—what she initially thought was a castle due to the structure of the stone walls outside.

From inside the courtyard sat a lithe scantily dressed woman with green hair done up in five pigtails. Behind her towered a very large man with a dull look about him.

The woman loudly said, "All applicants who've passed the First Phase, please enter." As a group, everyone began to gather into the courtyard and the woman continued, "Welcome. I'm Menchi, the examiner for the Second Phase."

The large man behind her said cheerfully, "Likewise, I'm Buhara!"

As Miwa neared the examiners she was able to get a closer look at Menchi and Buhara. Menchi was dressed in a black sports bra with a see-through crop top, booty shorts, and high boots. The dark skinned woman was lounging on a purple couch, with Buhara standing behind her.

Suddenly a loud gurgle echoed throughout the clearing.

Menchi turned her head back to look at Buhara. "You must be hungry."

"Starving," Buhara confirmed.

Menchi stood up from the couch, placing her hands on her hips. "There you have it. The Second Phase will involve... cooking!"

"C-Cooking?"

"Wait a minute, cooking?"

'What?' Miwa thought in disbelief.

Running... and now cooking? I thought this was supposed to be difficult, Kurama griped. This is duller than watching paint dry.

"We're here to take the Hunter's Exam," one of the participants snapped out.

"You're right," Menchi agreed. "Your challenge for the Second Phase is to produce a dish that will satisfy our palate."

"Why do we have to cook?!" another called out.

"That's because we are Gourmet Hunters," Menchi said confidently.

For some reason this made the majority of the participants laugh. This seemed to irritate Menchi as she sighed and folded her arms over her chest.

"So, Gourmet Hunters, what are we supposed to make?" mocked one of the men.

"Buhara."

"The required ingredient is pork."

"Pork?

"Any pig from Visca Forest will do. You must use the cooking facilities here to prepare the pork. And you only pass if we both find it delicious."

"And we will evaluate more than just on taste. Don't underestimate the intricacies of cooking, got it?" Menchi flatly added. "When we've both eaten our fill, the Second Phase is over. Go."

(≧ڡ≦*)

Finding pork was easy. It didn't require any effort to sniff out one of the massive pigs, nor chop off its head with a well timed fūton.