Margay IV

Beta: TaintedLetter

(≧ڡ≦*)

After clearing the Second Phase, Miwa and the other contestants boarded the airship and soared throughout the starry sky toward the site of the Third Phase.

Netero stood before all the contestants at the helm of the ship, the night sky making a lovely backdrop behind him. He said with a smile, "Allow me to properly introduce myself to the forty-two remaining applicants. I am Netero, Chairman of the Selection Committee for this year's Hunter Exam."

Beside him spoke a tiny creature in a tuxedo with shiny green skin. "I am his assistant, Bean."

That name suits him a little too well.

'He does look like a living green bean, doesn't he?'

Netero went on, "Originally I had planned to make my appearance during the Final Phase of the exam, but since I'm already here... I'll accompany you for a while and enjoy this nice edgy atmosphere."

'Edgy?'

Supposed to be a life threatening competition, remember?

'Oh, yeah.'

Killua yawned beside Miwa while Netero chuckled.

Bean said, "We are scheduled to arrive at our destination at 8 AM tomorrow morning. You'll find dinner waiting for you in the dining hall. You are also welcome to get some rest. Please feel free to do as you please until you are called."

"Alright!" Killua said, looking over at Gon and Miwa. "Gon, Miwa, let's go explore the airship."

"Heck yeah!" Gon said while Miwa nodded. Without another word Killua took the lead, with Gon and Miwa following right at his heels.

The airship was comprised of mostly pale gold walls, pale gold floors, and bright white lights. There were windows everywhere, giving the trio of friends a glimpse of the beautiful night outside.

"What should we look for first?" Miwa asked Killua, since he had taken the lead.

"Kitchen!" Gon declared.

"Kitchen!" Killua echoed, both boys exchanging fist bumps.

"Hmm... I think I smell food over here!" Miwa said, dashing forward to lead. Gon and Killua easily kept up with her, their childish joy making it hard for Miwa not to grin stupidly. Their footsteps pounded against the tiled floor, and they ducked down hallways before they reached the kitchen.

They were barely able to grab some freshly cooked turkey legs before the chefs noticed them and promptly threw them out, but the trio laughed all the way and off they went to explore some more.

They stopped in their running when the airship flew over a city, and Gon let out an exclamation of, "Wow! They're like jewels."

"Amazing," Killua breathed out, as he and Gon pressed their faces to the window. Miwa peered out beside them, looking down at the golden lights of the city below them.

"Hey... Miwa?"

"Mn?"

"Where are your parents?" Gon asked her.

"Dead," she answered, recalling that Gon said he lived with his aunt. His father had left him to become a Hunter, and he didn't know his mother. But they didn't know Killua's story, yet, so Miwa thought to ask him, "What about you, Killua?"