✨ Prolouge 0.2 ✨

(2)

Sobbing echoing in the silenced corridors, Steven then whispered to himself, "I don't want to...die, I just got done from being cured, and now I'm just going to my death sentence." After saying that, the boy began to hear footsteps clamping down the left corridor, stomping in a rhythm pace. Steven ran to the obsidian bars and looked left, there stood gem, but it wasn't tiger, it was someone else.

"Well? Did you finally shut up!?! I swear to the diamonds I gonna strangle somebody." Steven held back a laugh, the gems voice really took Steven off guard. The gem was a squeaker. "Who are you?" The boy spoke, raising an eyebrow as he did. "The names Eye, I'm a tiger eye gem, along with my sister, Tiger!" The gem walked closer to the boy and sat criss cross in front of the bars, staring at Steven. Steven took this chance to observe the gem. She was much smaller than tiger, possibly a runt like amethyst. Her face was more humanoid than tiger, but still showed some tiger traits. Her neck was much smaller as well, and had barely any spikes. She had the same suit on as tiger, but didn't have as many diamond logos, and she had a left foot. One of her eyes were gone due to her gem being there, probably how she got the name, and two teeth stuck out of the mouth, almost identical to each other.

"Your much smaller than tiger." Steven stated, which only made the gem growl, "I may be smaller but I'm still the same!" "Woah woah! I don't mean to insult you!" Steven wiped his tears away and now had a curious gaze, *maybe she'll tell me what's gonna happen to me!* Steven thought, now filling his mind with questions, he began to ask,"what's going to happen to me?" The gem took that by surprise, then looked sorrow, "I- honestly don't know, my diamond has never sent us to retrieve something like you before, I can only assume it's something bad. If it's my diamond it is..." Eye mumbled that last part, causing Steven to barely hear it at all.

"Okay, if you don't know what's going to happen to me, may I ask some history about your culture?" The boy questioned, leaving the gem to hesitate, then give in. "What would you like to know?" Eye leaned in so the corridors won't echo her voice, "tell me what really happened that caused black diamond to leave? It's hard to believe emerald." Eye laughed, then replied, "I don't think anybody would believe that gem, but as for your question? It's a long story, I think we should save that for another time, but for now, hows your back?" The gem looked concerned, Steven looked confused.

"What do you mean? My back is perfectly- OW!" Steven went to pat his back to show the gem that he was fine, but when he did, it stung badly, and Steven felt his shirt damp from something. *i don't remember falling in water or anything....* the boy thought then turned his face back to the gem, "What happened to me? I know I turned into a beats due to meeting with tiger, but I want your side of the story."
The gem let lout a long sigh, then clapped her claws, "alrighty! So I was holding your friends back as emerald attacked you, er, your form. It was an order, and if I didn't listen, bad consequences happen, consequences I fear. Anyway, eventually I wanted to end this, not as brutal as it was, but it worked. I dashed behind a pile rubble, and took out stabilizers, two to be exact, and when emerald gave the signal, I got on your back and attacked you, but you backed up during it, and caused me to stab you with them. I wanted to take them out but you were swing side to side, and I had to hold on. I mean- eventually I had to let go, and then you came crashing down in front of this- organic, and began to sing... how lovely it was, but sad, and it angered emerald. After you sang your breath out- you passed out, and your here!"

"You said you feared consequences... that caused you to listen to that monster and brutally attacked me, even though I was protecting my friends." Steven stated, leaning against the bars. "I- er- we were trained not to mention those. For they are different for each gem." Eye stuttered, then stood up, " welp, my boss is going to wonder where I am, so I better get going, just to let you know, we are one 24 hour mark away from home base, so we'll be getting off of this place soon!"

Eye waved at the lonely boy, and walked back down the right corridor, leaving the boy in complete silence once again.

✨ I was trying to get this chapter published yesterday, but I grew tried and yeah! XD I hope you guys like this story so far, and just to mention, these are two prologues to I introduce tiger and eye, emerald will be later. Anywho these (*) are thoughts, mainly Stevens thoughts, next chapter will be about Steven, then the next will go back to earth! ✨