1. Wedding And Step Siblings

Villains feel they're right too, that's why they do what they feel they want regardless of hurting people by the way. Before you judge a villain, try seeing things from their own perspective.

- From the diary
of Katherine Amelia Jones.

Present.

THE COURTYARD NEXT TO the garden is being set up for the wedding ceremony as I take the binds off my window and watch hundreds of workers carry about their assigned duties.

The wedding is getting started at 2pm and I have this egg shell dress to put on.
Something I won't dare to put on.
I'm not even sure I'd attend this goddamn shit of a wedding. I'm still mad at Dad and I hate the slut Doris Mackenzie who's got five dogs she calls children, whom I refused to meet with.

Today's the day I'm gonna see their faces.
I know they're all excited cause they'll get to drink from the well of Dad's wealth.

But Nana Jones is here to keep watchful eyes over me because of how mischievous I am, and she sure as hell's gonna force me attend the shit of a wedding.

"Katherine you bad child." My eyes wells up in their sockets when I hear my Nana's gruff voice at the door of my room. The sound of her walking stick repeatedly hitting against the floor.

I open my door seeing her standing at the doorway. She's all dressed up for the wedding, and is sending a death glare at my way through her thick lense glasses, with eyes ocean blue like Dad's.

"What are you up to this time?"

"Nothing."

"You insolent brat, who designed your Dad's wedding suit with white paint? Who let the dogs in to demolish the giant cake that cost hundreds of thousand dollars?"

I stifle a laugh "I have no idea, Nana Jones."

"Why you bad child? They've ordered for a new cake and your Dad's to put on another suit for this wedding. I know it's you." She pushes her glasses up and pokes her walking stick at my hip.

Scowling, I slap the stupid stick away.

I say nothing and just stare at her, because she's right. It's a payback to Dad for going to pick a fourty something years old woman, couple along with five gold diggers as wife.

"Now get dressed, the wedding's about getting started. Your Dad's already angry at you, you wouldn't want to get him angrier, eh?"

"Ah, yes Nana Jones." I draw the words faking her a smile.

"I wonder what's Steve's crime for deserving such an impudent child," I hear her mutter to herself as she walks away, supporting her aging self with her walking stick.

* * *

I receive curious stares from the entourage sitted at the wedding ceremony as I take long confident strides to my way towards the front seat.

I'm on a black hoodie which hides my long blonde hair, black leather short skirt topped with my gold sandals. Hands tucked inside the pockets of my hoodie as I smack on my gum loudly in my mouth, blowing tiny bun size balloons into the air, with 'Daya's Insomnia' blasting from my earphones.
I make sure I catwalk to rhyme with the sound of song.

I finally sit in front on the first row of seats.

"Isn't that Steve Jones's daughter?"

"She's dressed like she's set for photoshoot on her Dad's own wedding."

"Goodness me, she looks like a rockstar."

I hear whispers around me, and from my side eye, I see a middle age lady clutch her chest in shock and horror.
"She looks like she's being possessed by the devil himself."
And I hear grunts of agreement.