4. Dad Is A Back Stabber

Parents are just overgrown kids who when they freak the shit out, you'll see the little boy/girl in them. That's how they are to me.

P.S: This is perhaps one of the shitty thoughts buried inside the closets of my mind.

- From the diary
of Katherine Amelia Jones.

-

"THEY BULLIED ME, Dad." I half yell, take another hitching breath and continue to cry. It's hours after I was being bullied by the fucking Mckenzie siblings. And I'm currently Face timing with Dad.

"Now Katherine, I wouldn't like you to be on bad terms with your step siblings whom you're supposed to be getting along with.
While I'm away with your step mum, Max being the eldest is assigned to be in charge of the-"

"Fuck, what?" I scream at the screen of my system, interrupting him from going further, giving him my "You gotta be shitting me look" with my swollen eyes and messed up hair.

Dad face palms, then sighs.

"Listen Katherine, the Mackenzie siblings aren't as bad as you think. Max is now in charge of the house, which means you're under him and the rest of the siblings who are older than you are. You and Sarah share equal rights because you're both sixteen. The only person who is your junior is Sam, the red head. Plus they're resuming school with you tomorrow."

My heart threatens to burst as it pace increases.
Did I imagine Dad say that or I finally lost being sane.
I'll possibly go with the second.

"Tell me you're joking Mr Jones." I fake a smile at him. Knowing Dad, he is probably making up some weird joke to crack me up, something he's absolutely bad at. He'd never be funny even in his next life.

"I'm dead serious, Kate."

"What!" I outcry in horror and Dad flinches at my exclamation.

"Honey, who's that." I hear Doris voice on the background and spot from Dad's shoulder, her with a white towel wrapped around her as she makes her way out of the bathroom.

A few seconds passes between us and Dad and I are still staring at our selves. I'm glaring at Dad while he's smiling at me.
Until he finally lets out a chuckle.

"I hate you doing this." I massage my butt slightly which I had sustain a pain from ever since the beast Max let me fall on the floor. I grind my teeth hard till my jaw hurt.

"It's for your own good, try to give your siblings the respect they deserve."

And despite me glaring daggers at him, I let out a snort. "That's all you've got to say huh?"
I fold my arms, fighting the urge not to strangle something, or someone rather.

"Gotta go, catch ya later. Cha Cha."
With that he shuts me off before I can make any protest and I groan in frustration.

He didn't even ask if I'm okay.

I feel tears prickle my eyes but I fight the urge not to cry.

Dad is a backstabber.

How can he make Max head of house while he's away.

He said nothing when I cried and told him about me being bullied, by those gold diggers.

He was acting all weird like Doris did casted some spell on him.

He didn't sound like the Dad I was used to.

Dad I know wouldn't let anyone hurt me.

What the fuck has Doris done to my Dad?.

It fucking feels like I'm being stripped of my position as the only kid.

Ugh!!! I hit the pillows on the bed.

* * *

"Curly hair guy looks hot."

"I'm so into the blonde hair guy. He's so hot with that British accent. Can you picture him saying 'I want you?' and his "Are you Fucking stupid" is gonna sound like 'Are ya Facken schewpid'. gosh, it'd be so sexy. what's that his name again, Kate?" Ver asks, fanning herself with her fingers.

I glare at the two idiots as I chew on my pizza and they stare right back. We're at Flamingo restaurant, which belongs to my Dad and practically belongs to me.

My two, and only friends where supposed to be against the Mckenzie siblings because I'm against them.

But ever since they laid eyes on those douchebags at Dads wedding, they've been  fantasizing about having their babies.

"Kate?" Maggie calls as she studies me with wide eyes, through her big rim medicated glasses.

I shake my head furiously and slam my fist against the table, causing the smoothie Ver is currently sipping from to give her a smoothie moustache.

"You're both going to hate them because I do."

Maggie eyes widen, and she blinks, pushes her glasses up and says. "Right, hate them."

Ver just shrugs, wiping away her smoothie moustache with the table cloth.
"I wouldn't mind switching positions with you to be the step sister of the blonde hair, I'd so do him."

I glare daggers at Veronica, and before I can make attempt to snap her out of her stupidity, Maggie speaks up.

"Oh no, T-t-tristan just c-c-came in with a d-d-date."

My eyes wells right up in their sockets when I snap my head back and watch 'The walking STD' sits his ass down with some brunette girl. Balling my fists, I grind my teeth hard.

He spots me and the girls, waves and winks at us, that I grind my teeth even harder, till I can feel a sharp pain on my cheeks.

The bastard broke up with me during spring break because I refused to have sex with him.

And to think he was my crush since from kindergarten.

The brunette ruffles his hair and he laughs heartedly as the waitress places the two menu book in front of them.

"Kate!"

"What the fuck are you doing?"

My friends yell after me, but it's too late. I march my way towards Tristan and his date, clad in my jeans jacket, white tube top, red loosed skirt with black polka dots design, black stocking that were few inches below my knees and my black boots, plus my blonde hair that I braided into two.

Despite the asshole is with a date, he's still checking me out.

The waitress backs away in fear when she sees me stand in front of the two couples.

I smirk and empty all the contents of my chill soda on the motherfucker's pretty hair, which I'm certain he took hours to groom perfectly before stepping out.

And I hear gasps.

________________

Hey Dearies, I know it took me time to update. I'm so sorry for the delay.
Thanks for following up this story.
Don't forget to click on the vote button and drop a comment on the comment box 🙂.

Wow! I don't feel like a Nigerian anymore😂😂😂.