2. "He's Back"

The Sophomore year has started a week before but I didn't know he came back. After 3 years, he's really back. Kent is back. He's tall unlike before, he has broad shoulder and a wavy hair. He's a perfect example of a tall, dark, and handsome guy. I'm just smiling right now remembering those elementary days that he always seeks attention from me.

I was seating on my chair inside the classroom and I can see him approaching me from my left side. My heart beats so fast, why do I feel this way? I've never been this nervous before. What's wrong with me?
He said "hi", I looked at him and smiled. His smile, the only smile that gives me butterflies. I really can't explain what I am feeling right now. It's like falling inlove for the first time. A love at first sight. Well, not literally. Last time I remember, I was so annoyed with him. And now, his presence gives me excitement all the time.

[ 14th  D a y  o f  J u l y ]

He asked his cousin Rhys for my cellphone number who happens to be my guy bestfriend.

**Message Received**

Kent: Hi.

Me: Who's this?

Kent: It's Kent.

Me: Where'd you get my number?

Kent: Got it from Rhys, sorry.

Me: No it's okay, what's up?

Kent: Nothing. Just wanted someone to talk to.

Me: Why?

Kent: Actually I wanna ask you something, if you don't mind.

Me: Go ahead.

Kent: Can I court you?

I didn't reply immediately. My heart is beating too fast. It wanted to burst out of scream. What will I say? What will I do? A part of me is saying yes, of course we knew each other. I know his family background, so what's wrong with that? And a part of me is saying it's still early, it's too fast.
What should I do?

After an hour I replied...

Me: Courting is knowing the person better, right? Why do we still need to do that if we already knew each other?

Kent: What do you mean?

Me: You like me, and I like you too so why do we need to waste time?

Kent: You mean, you're my girlfriend now?

Me: Yes, you can say that.

I don't regret what I've said to him. We're officially together. He's already my boyfriend. He's already mine and no one will ever try to seek for his attention ever again.

I went to school today with a smile on my face. At first it was awkward when we saw each other. I don't know how to react. But then he makes it a natural day for the both of us. He tries to ask and tell stories so there wouldn't be dead airs. As time passes by, I didn't realize that we're being comfortable with each other. Finally, no more awkward moments.

My parents don't even know about us. But I don't know if his parents knew. I am scared of telling them. So I decided to hide it from them and act like everything's normal. When we were at school, we hold hands but not in public. During lunch time, students are outside the school and no one's being left in classrooms. So it's our date time. We talk about random stuffs. Like what I've said, we don't go out together because other parents might see us and say it to my mom. Anyways, parents at Riverview are also friends. There are parents that drive their children at school and pick them up after class. But most parents of preschoolers and kids in elementary are staying inside to check their children. And since my younger sister Alliah is a preschooler, mom stays at school.

Kent is good in everything. He's smart. He's also knowledgeable in Math. I am not good at numbers. So I keep on failing my Algebra tests. And our Math instructor gives time and tutors us after school. Those who are failing should join the group study, but those who are not are still welcome. So I joined because I have no choice. I have to learn. Especially, I have a scholarship and I have to maintain my grades. I don't want to fail. Kent is good in Math so he doesn't have to join, but he did to keep me company. It's just so thoughtful of him. He always teaches me. I love him for doing that, he shares what he knows and he never used my weakness to have a chance to pull himself up.

We are now in 2nd grading period. I have passed the 1st grading. Lucky me. Both of us are having a good time with each other. Everything's well and just so perfect. Then something came up that tested our relationship.

The school principal called him at the office. I don't know what's going on. Why did they call him? Did they found out about us? Did my parents knew about him and they are talking to him in the office? I am nervous. I can't focus on my class right now.

When he came back from the office I can't ask him immediately what happened 'coz class is still on going. So after discussion I asked him what did they talked about.

Kent: Since I've been to Australia, my grades are not credited for a second year high.

Me: So, what will happen?

Kent: I don't have the other subjects there so they can't let me continue my sophomore year. I have to choose whether I'll stay or transfer to other school.

Me: What's the difference?

Kent: If I stayed here I have to repeat my first year. But if I want to continue my second year I have to transfer at St. Dominic Academy.

Me: I think you should go, atleast you can transfer again here at Riverview after continuing your second year at SDA. Then we could be classmates again during third year.

Kent: It's not that easy. Before entering SDA I still need to take an exam. What if I didn't pass, I still have to repeat my first year there. It's kinda risky.

Me: Atleast you've tried, right?

Kent: No, I don't want to transfer. It's okay to repeat my first year but I'm not gonna leave you here. I wanna be with you all the time. And by entering another school, means not seeing you everyday.

I don't know what to feel. I feel so empty. I want us to graduate in highschool together. But on the other side, I don't want him to go to another school away from me. Entering another school means not seeing him everyday. Everyday means every weekdays and even weekends. Remember, our relationship is not legal. Therefore, we can't even go out together.

Why is this happening? Why the world is so unfair to me, to us? He is the only guy that made me feel this way. This feeling that is so special and exceptional and so full of excitement. This is new to me. And I want this feeling to be felt every now and then. What am I supposed to do?