Chapter 11 - Confession

"Since my parents died." I said while safe in Connors arms. I let the tears flow as I explained my story.

"Three years ago we were a happy, average family. We had money enough to live comfortably and a caring mum and dad. Until the car accident. The three of them were in the car, mum was driving and dad was in the passenger seat with Amelia in the back.

A drunk driver smashed into them head on.

Mum died on impact but dad didn't die until a few days later in hospital. Amelia had been injured, but she was awake for the whole thing. She saw the collision happen, saw her mum die in front of her very eyes. I don't know the exact details but they ended up in hospital and I got a call the next day saying my mum had died and the rest of my family were in the hospital. Over the fucking phone." I still couldn't believe that's how I found out. "I immediately went to see them. Arrived to a dad who was on the brink of death and a sister who wouldn't say a word. She wouldn't speak or even acknowledge my presence. Dad died and then I had to arrange a funeral and, as our grandparents weren't alive and both our parents were only children, we went into care homes. It took a long time for Amelia to come back to me. Even now she had flash backs. I can never help her. A year after she met Harvey and fell for him. She opened up again and became more herself. They went out for a little over a year until I walked in on him with another girl. Turns out he'd been cheating on my little sister since the beginning. She was broken. Destroyed. Over the past year I've been bringing her back. She found peace with your bands music. I remember when your album came out she pleaded with me to get it and I did. She was so passionate and happy about the songs. I never listened to them though. After I turned eighteen we both decided we wanted to escape the dumps we'd stayed in so we moved here. It wasn't much but it was our own. Gary, the guy you just knocked out with my mums music box, he owns the place. He's just a complete freak." Connor nodded, showing he agreed. "But my sister had no idea how bad he was, she still doesn't know he has tried to get me to sleep with him many times. That he's hit me when I'm too late with the rent. So please don't tell her. She's been through enough without worrying about me. I worry about her constantly and now I can see her falling for Tris. The same thing is happening all over again like with Harvey. She's replying on a guy to save her. A guy who could easily leave her or hurt her."

I finished my story and Connor sat thoughtfully, his arms still wrapped gently around me.

"For what its worth, I'm sorry about your parents. It's unfair that you lost them at a young age. But Tris is a good guy I promise you that." He stroked my hair and then wiped a tear away. "You've clearly been holding everything in for so long. But you don't need to anymore."

Sniffing, I felt safe and lighter. I almost felt weightless.

"I can't have you living here." Con looked at the Gary with pure hatred. "You deserve better. Would you stay on our tour bus with us?"

Shocked I looked at him, expecting him to laugh and say he was joking. But he didn't.

"I...I can't just pack everything and escape Con." Sadly I shook my head. "That's not how life work. You can't just be my hero."

"Why not?" He seem surprised and annoyed that I was resistant

I couldn't leave everything behind and go to live with a boy band. No way.

"Sorry but this is my home." I shrugged and Con squeezed my hand.

"But he's a creep?!" Desperately he tried to change my mind. "It's not safe here."

"We've survived this far." I stood and surprisingly I didn't regret that I'd brought Connor here. "You've got to leave soon, we should get back."

Sighing in defeat he stood and together we dragged Gary out of the room and locked my fragile door behind us.

As we left the dingy area, I wondered if I'd made the right call. If Tris had offered to take Amelia away from her life, she'd have agreed in seconds. A handsome prince with a horse and carriage out of her shitty life. But me...I just couldn't accept. I wouldn't run away from the challenges I face.

__________

Huh is that a good idea or not?
Soo you've found out about the sisters past.
Comments?
What about Connors offer... Would you have taken it?
Thanks for reading :*