Chapter 26 - Candy Mandy

Holly

We were currently in the BIC (venue of the performance tonight) and it was bringing back memories of a few weeks ago, when I met Connor. My boyfriend. Who loved me! How crazy is that? Connor Ball actually asked me out.

And I said yes. I didn't even pause because I knew it was what I wanted.

We had Brad to thank, for finally getting me to admit it.

My boy was on stage for sound check at the moment and they seemed to be enjoying themselves too much.

"I'd risk it aaaaaalllllllll" they all sung/yelled into the mics. Amelia and I were pissing ourselves with laughter.

"They look like such twats!" I giggled and she nodded.

"They are twats. But they're awesome twats." She pointed out and this time I nodded. "Wow did you just admit they are awesome? A boyband."

"Thought you said they're a band of boys? Not a boyband." I winked at her.

"Yeah yeah." She rolled her eyes then giggled as Tris waved at her. "Oh my."

She sighed, knees weak.

Con waved at me and I stuck my tongue out at him. So he, being a gentleman, gave me the middle finger and then carried on playing and screaming into the mic.

"Romantic." Amelia said, hinting sarcasm.

"So who's this girl everyone calls 'Candy Mandy'?" I asked her and Amelia shook her head, amused.

"James' ex." She informed me helpfully.

"Well yeah I gathered that much."

"She's a model." Amelia said bluntly.

Great, I thought, a self centred model.

"Jaaames!" A beautiful girl ran past us onto the stage and threw her arms around James before he even had a chance to stop playing.

Connor, Brad and Tris all exchanged annoyed glances, but James grinned from ear to ear.

"Mandy hey!" They shared a kiss that was longer than necessary which ended when Brad coughed awkwardly.

"Oh hey Bradley, have you missed me?" She ran forward and hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek.

"Urm sure?" He looked very uncomfortable bless him.

"And ConCon!" Mandy then raced to my boyfriend and threw her perfectly shaped body onto his in a hug. "Awh you're still pulling off that sexy nose ring I see."

Winking at him she then waved to Tris who was behind his drums and, luckily, had stayed there.

"Hey Trissy boy." She blew him a kiss and I felt Amelia tense beside me.

Joe came onto the stage and I thought he was about to blow up.

"Mandy please get off the stage we have a sound check to do before the performance." He said calmly and led her off.

What? No shouting at her for interrupting rehearsal?

Mandy noticed us for the first time and came off stage to let the band carry on.

"Hey girls I'm Mandy." She put one hand on her skinny waist and the other she held out to Amelia who disdainfully shook her hand.

"Amelia." She forced a smile. "This is my sister Holly."