Dad - Boromir

Warnings: breastfeeding (I don't know if it requires one, but I put it up anyway)
Word count: 1383
Other: I watched the extended clip (again) where Boromir teaches Merry and Pippin to fight and they tackle him down and they begin to wrestle. That made me think about how awesome a dad he would have made, so I just had to write this!

Your boys are the bravest little warriors and will battle any threat that comes in front of them. Even if it's just their father.

"Mama! Help me!" Your oldest, Jonas, ran into your room behind the corner and collided with your legs.
"What's wrong?" You asked, pulling your hem from his hold so it wouldn't wrinkle.
"Papa! He's chasing us!" He cried, tugging at the part of your hem that was still in his hands.
"Run, Jonas, he's coming!" Your other son, Ronan, older of the twins, rounded the corner, cheeks red.

Only moments later, Boromir appeared behind his corner, a playful smile on his lips, and Neil, your youngest son and the younger twin giggling and writhing under his arm.
"I will catch you!" He threatened playfully, and the two boys that were now hiding behind your bed giggled wildly and yelled in unison,
"No!" They tried to run out of the room, but Boromir was blocking the only exit. Neil managed to wiggle out of Boromir's hold and sprinted next to his brothers.
"You'll never catch us!" They declared as a group, and Boromir allowed his shoulders to slump, exaggerating the movement as his eyes found you. He allowed a smirk to make its way into his lips, and without a warning, he grabbed your waist, making you squeal out in suprise.
"Maybe not, but I did catch mama!" Throwing you onto the bed, he locked you into place with his legs.
"Don't you da-RE!" You yelped as his hands made contact with your sides, and his tickling wingers felt no remorse.

You were screaming in laughter, trying to shake Boromir off you, but he wouldn't budge.  You were struggling to get air into your lungs in between your giggles, and after yet another futile attempt to throw Boromir off you, you called the boys to help.
"Boys! Help - Help me!" You struggled to get the words out as Boromir's fingers didn't relent from tickling you. 

Ronan jumped into Boromir's neck and tried to pull him off you, squealing as he held on tightly. Jonas and Neil pushed between you and Boromir, their hands extended in Boromir's direction to keep him away from us.
"Don't bully momma!" They huffed, and Boromir released you from his hold and you shifted so you could sit on the bed comfortably. The boys were grinning in success, but soon Boromir had them trapped against the bed, giggling wildly as his fingers relentlessly tickled them now, as Ronan still hung on his back.

You smiled at your four boys as they were now in a pile, Boromir at the bottom and your three boys on top of him, crawling all around, trying to find a place he was ticklish in. But you knew there weren't any.

They froze when your youngest, Mabel, cries in her crib. You stood up to go and calm her down, and Boromir gave a soft sigh.
"Boys. Go wash up, it's time for bed." The trio whined, but a sharp look from you told them this was not the time to argue.
"You should probably go and keep an eye on them so they don't come up with anything too crazy." You sat down on the bed, shifting your dress so you could feed her. Boromir sighed and nodded, walking into the bathroom where it was starting to be suspiciously quiet.

You sat on the bed, enjoying the small moment of silence, watching as your little girl suckled. You gently kissed her head and looked into her blue eyes, smiling as she continued to eat. While you loved your boys, you were happy that your fourth one was a girl. Boromir has been ecstatic, and the boys, after they recovered from their disappointment, had grown to love their little sister and were quite protective. You could only imagine what kind of reception the young men that would come asking for your daughter's hand would get. First, they would have to get past Boromir, and then her three older brothers.

"No! Jonas! Put that down and continue washing up. Neil, let go of your brother." You could hear Boromir's voice from the bathroom, and you stifled a giggle. It would have been easier to bathe the boys one by one.
"No. No! Dry yourselves off before dressing up in clean clothes." There was a sigh of frustration after his words, but soon the door opened and the boys walked out, dressed in their night clothes, followed by a worn-out and wet Boromir. Jonas, Neil, and Ronan ran next to you and slowly climbed onto the bed, looking at their little sister.
"When will she be old enough to play with us?" Neil asked, and you let out a small laugh.
"Not in a while love. Why don't you go to bed, I'll be there in a minute to kiss you goodnight." You held in a yawn.
"Not yet."
"I'm not tired." The boys grumbled and you sighed. You didn't really have the energy for this.
"Boys." Boromir's voice was stern as he crossed his arms while looking at them. They admitted their defeat, but raised up their arms, grinning.
"Carry us." Boromir let out a laugh but scooped up the trio, grunting slightly as they were not very small anymore. He carried the giggling boys to their room across the hall.

When Boromir returned, Mabel had eaten and you had shifted your dress up again. She was looking at you with bright eyes, cooing softly while she nibbled her palm with her toothless gums.
"I got them tucked in, they're waiting for you," Boromir spoke as he was leaning on the doorframe, watching the scene in front of him.
"I'll go then. I'll just put her into the crib." You stood up but Boromir stepped closer.
"I'll take her. You go to the boys." You handed Mabel to him, smiling at her as she rested in Boromir's arms. You stood on your tippytoes and kissed the corner of his mouth, drawing a smile from him.

You walked into the boys' room, kneeling next to Neil's bed first.
"Good night, love." You kissed his forehead and pulled the covers more over him.
"Night, mama." He responded with a sleepy smile. Next, you went to Jonas, who was already half-asleep. You pulled the covers over him, kissing his forehead gently. The gesture made him shuffle slightly, emitting a small grunt from him. And now, it was Ronan's turn.
"Good night mamma." He wished you, smiling.
"Good night, baby." You kissed his forehead and blew out the candle that was on his nightstand, darkening the room. You walked quietly out and pulled the door closed behind you, careful so it closed quietly.

When you reached your room, you found Boromir sitting on your bed, Mabel holding his left pinky in her tiny hands.
"You're so sweet. Just like your mother." He cooed to the girl softly, making her smile.
"I always wanted a girl. You'll always be my little princess." He quietly muttered to her, smiling as she let out a small giggle.
"She won't always be so little." You spoke in a teasing tone which made Boromir look up to you.
"But she will always be my princess." You sat down next to him, leaning into his side and watching Mabel rest of his arms, eyes drooping as she yawned.
"I'll put her to bed." Boromir kissed your hair as he stood up and you yawned, taking off the robe you had pulled on your nightgown, and laying it on a chair nearby.

You walked next to the crib, placing your arms on the wooden edge, watching the now-sleeping girl. Leaning onto the side of your husband, you leaned your head to his chest, cherishing the warmth he emitted. He slid his hand around your waist and let it rest there, eyes resting on your daughter as well.

Edited on 9.12.2022