OSCAR I

"Some would say he had a split personality disorder. One moment, he's the sweetest guy on Earth and then he snaps and everything changes."

*:・゚ ✧

*:・゚ ✧

Oscar searched through his wardrobe for anything he could wear at a Halloween party, and he was starting to panic when he realized he only had a black suit and casual outfits. He glanced at the nightstand and his eyes fell on the little street dog he had turned into art. He remembered the day he found him as if it were yesterday. It was raining hard when he saw him dead on the side of the road and took him in, then fixed him and made him look like new. He smiled to himself before deciding on wearing the black suit. It was making him look mature, aside from his messy hair that showed his true age.

Oscar remembered how his highschool years were and suddenly started to regret agreeing to go. And then he thought of his sisters and all of his doubts stopped meaning anything.

Downstairs, his younger sister Elane was waiting on the couch, looking as beautiful as ever. Her chocolate hair was side swept and her eyes were shining.
"Finally! God, what took you so long?" He shrugged.
"Tatiana is waiting at the car for twenty goddamn minutes!"

The moment they hopped in the car, Tatiana started it and sped up to the party. She has never been the type to enjoy a party, that was Elane. The moonlight was dim that night. In this light, they both almost looked like Clarice and the resemblance shocked him.

The car stopped and he could feel his heart beat a little too fast. It's funny how fast old wounds reopen at the slightest touch. Tatiana was the first to walk toward the entrance, with a pace so confident it made her even more radiant than usual. The twins followed behind her and Elane gave Oscar an encouraging smile. The party was a mingling of dancing people, costumed as all sorts of hilarious characters he had never even heard of. For a second, he felt good. And then, Elane disappeared from his right and went to dance with sone guy.

Glancing around, he saw Letha Godfrey drinking some punch by herself and he felt the urge to go to her. She had always been nice to him and the only person aside his family who was his friend in highschool.

Tatiana noticed his hesitancy and advised him to go to her. One moment later, his steps were leading him to the blonde haired girl.
"Letha, hi." He was starting to regret going to her, but then she glanced at him with her face lighting up and he realized there might still be a chance for him.

"Hi Oscar! Long time no see." He smiled shyly.
"How are you doing?"
"I've been better.." She said, making him give her a worried look. "Don't worry, it's not a permanent condition." She chuckled.

"W-What do you mean?"
"I'm pregnant." His shocked look caused Letha to laugh lightly and he felt her energy light up the room.

"Who's the father? If you don't kind me asking, of course." He asked. She didn't seem to mind.

"I know I'm going to sound crazy and you're not gonna believe me, but it was an angel." He smiled and suddenly felt the atmosphere becoming a bit awkward.

"Who knows? So many things have happened in this town, I'm starting to doubt everything I was sure I knew. Maybe an angel really came down here to see if there are other angels on this earth. He found you, I suppose." She smiled softly at him.

"You' re different, aren't you?"

"Perhaps those who are different don't know they are different because they have nothing to compare it to. Besides, I don't want to be like everyone else." He looked down and saw her take a step closer.

"You're not like everyone else."