ELANE II

"I should rot in hell for what I've done. Even if it wasn't me who killed Father, it was my carelessness that brought this shame and horror to my family."

*:・゚ ✧

Elane knocked on the manor's door and she was surprised when it opened with a creaking sound. She took a cautious look inside and walked in, then seated herself on the expensive and really comfortable couch in the living room, as she was waiting for her friend.

She kept waiting for more than fifteen minutes until she saw Roman walking into the room and giving her a weird look.

"I suppose you're here for my sister, right?" He said in a tone so calm it shocker her. Compared to the last time they spoke, she found it a pleasant change in his behavior.

She nodded and eyed him to sit next to her. He sat down and looked at her, and she was surprised to see a sadness in his eyes, that was not there on her last visit.

"Shelley's not home." The news hit her pretty hard. Shelley never left the house without Roman.

"Well, where is she then?"

"I have no idea. Probably enjoying some time by herself. Everyone needs to do that from time to time." Why was he so nice to her? Why this sudden change of behavior?

"Do you have anything to drink in this palace of yours?" She smiled, attempting to lighten up the mood.

"What's your poison?" He asked, smiling with his mouth but not with his eyes.

"Whatever, I'm not picky. Though a red wine would be nice." He poured them two glasses and she drank almost in an instant, with a thirst that shocked her. That wine was too expensive for someone who only drank cheap tequila and lived in a shack. Too expensive for someone like her.

After all, she shouldn't be drinking ten thousand dollar wine. She should be eating the dry food they served in prison.

He barely touched his drink, toying with the glass absentmindedly and sitting with her in comfortable silence.

"Why were you so rude to me last time I saw you, and then nice and now you want to be my friend? Which time were you faking it?" She looked at him in shock and with some kind of pride she couldn't quite explain.

"You really are different."

"In a good way or a bad way?" He wasn't looking at her.

"Like, in a good way." She stared him up and down. "In a damn attractive way."

Roman's brow lifted and in that moment she connected her lips to his. When he kissed back, her mouth pressed so hard on his own and she pushed her tongue into his mouth with a force that made her wonder where did she get that confidence from. Perhaps it was the wine.

The wine... Suddenly, she broke the kiss and felt her ears ringing. What had gotten into her? She would never do that with a person she barely knew, especially with one of such reputation! That wasn't who she was.

"I- I'm sorry. I should probably go." Her voice was so shaky she wasn't sure he could hear her. She didn't wait for a reply before storming out the door. And suddenly, there were tears in her eyes.