𝟎𝟐. 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

RAVEN ROLLED HER EYES SLIGHTLY whilst throwing her head back as she waited in the long line in the cafeteria. "I think I prefer getting my ass kicked rather than waiting in line for food at school." Raven muttered.

Juanita chuckled softly, "You're so impatient." She stated with a shake of her head.

"Only for food." Raven shrugged as she silently thanked the line to start moving. She picked out her food as Juanita did the same. "Where's Nat?" She asked, taking notice that Natalie wasn't behind them.

"Oh, yeah. Uh, Liz asked her to help her out with some homecoming committee stuff." Juanita shrugged as the both finished getting their food and tried to find an empty table.

"We have a homecoming dance?" Raven asked as she took a seat at a somewhat empty table whilst Juanita took a seat in front of her.

Juanita nodded with a confused look etched on her face, "Uh... Yeah? Every school most likely has a homecoming dance."

"I thought that had already passed." Raven shook her head, "I'm losing track of days." She mumbled before eating a veggie straw.

"Aw, Natalie looks so short next to Liz." Juanita coos, causing Raven to turn around and look at Natalie and Liz's height difference.

Raven scrunched her nose up, "Juanita, your gay is showing." She teases as she turned back around to face her best friend.

Juanita scoffs playfully whilst throwing a veggie straw at her, "Shut up." She smiled.

"I think it's cute." Raven's head tilted slightly with a soft smile.

"Whatcha talking about?" Natalie asked as she sat down next to Juanita, startling them both.

Juanita stuttered with a timid smile, "Nothing really important." She brushed off Natalie's question off.

Natalie's eyes narrowed at her response before slowly nodding, "Okay... well, I have decathlon practice after school." She told them before taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Why do you go to those practices if you don't really need to be there?" Raven asked as she started to eat her sandwich as well.

Natalie shrugged, "It's sort of required, I guess? I mean, like, I know the material like the back of my hand, so I just sit in the corner with MJ."

Juanita nodded, "Don't forget that we have to do some patrolling after school." She said quietly.

"Yeah, I know." Natalie nodded in response.

"Natalie, Liz wants you at our table." MJ said nonchalantly, her eyes glued to the book she was reading.

Natalie inwardly sighed, "Guess that's my cue." She said, throwing away her trash and placing her lunch tray back on one of the portable shelves before she sat at the table where a few of the decathlon team sat at.

"It's a week before nationals, we don't have anyone as strong as you in physics."

"You got Flash."

"Yeah, you got me."

Natalie scoffed lightly, "That's a joke, right? You do know that everyone prefers Peter over you."